Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardwood flooring installation - 15# felt vs red rosin paper
Posted this in thought I would try here as well. It does have something to do with wood, after all. I've used rosin paper as underlayment on many floors. What I'd been told was that it acted as a...
3
3

Fixing a countersunk blunder
Hi All I have drilled some lovely neat counter sunk holes on the wrong side of some stock between 3/4 and 1" thick -a hardwood, silver ash. As that side will be hidden, I'd like to just flip it over...
10
10

Removing nails from a nail gun
I have been asked to do a repair on a piece of furniture. A piece of 1" pine measuring 6" x 18" has fallen off. the piece was assembled using a nail gun with 6 nails at each end. These things protrude...
10
10

Ping Robatoy. Questions about kitchen counter tops
Sir, being the expert that you are in the counter top world I would like your opinion and explanation of a few things. I have a customer/friend of many years that I am going to do some kitchen...
15
15

British Weather
Has anyone got plans and a cutting list for an Ark? I've had 7" of rain in my rain-measuring jug this week. As I do all my woodwork out in the back yard, I'm spending too much time on this thing...
11
11

Skil 100 planer blade sharpening kit
In a 1968 Skil power tool catalog the description of a blade sharpening attachment for the Skil 100 plane is as follows: No. 10900 Blade Sharpening Kit - Easily and quickly grinds out nicks, restores...

Skil 100 blade shaprening kit
In a 1968 Skil power tool catalog the description of a blade sharpening attachment for the Skil 100 plane is as follows: No. 10900 Blade Sharpening Kit - Easily and quickly grinds out nicks, restores...
2
2

How can I determine if magnetic starter (switch) on my Grizzly 1023 is damaged?
I have not been able to start a Griz 1023 saw that I recently bought used (and yes, it ran in the garage of the guy I purchased it from). I moved it on a trailer about 30 miles, so it's possible that...
53
53

That Vacuum Clamp Robatoy was talking about
Well I bought one also. With the Festool sanders you really need to secure smaller pieces down to keep them from moving. Clamping from the sides was desirable as the clamps would not have to be moved...
9
9

Tapping and threading different types of woods.
I have a project that requires putting threads on several one inch Oak Dowels. They will then be threaded into either Oak, Maple , Walnut or Aspen in one inch deep bottom tapped holes. My tap & die...
5
5

Where to get hardware (braces, hinges, etc..)
Where do you all get hardware for your projects? I sure ain't going to Lowe's for stuff like that, and while I enjoy the selection that McFeeley's offers, I'm underwhelmed by the quality at times....
7
7

what grits to sue when re-sharpening.
Hi folks, After much lurking, and answering a few posts, I've got a question that I have't seen: I finally got the scary sharp system to work (at least semi-ok). I used the following grits:...
23
23

Mentoring Novice Woodworker - Weekend #2 - Doors
Well we only got maybe a half day in on making the doors - most of that time being spent on figuring out how to get the most out of two "1x8s" and two "1x10s". But there were some How Do We Cut...

Help planning new shop
Hello, I am rebuilding my workshop/garage (see outline at: ) and am open for sugestions. I plan to run 110/220V and vacume pipes in the concrete slab, where the Table saw is and under the car (for...
4
4

How many tools must a man possess
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind. Dave in Houston
14
14