Subject Author Posted Replies

Our Guys in Houston
Anybody know how Swingman or Leon faired in the hurricane ? I believe there are several other folks on the list from that area. They both dropped off the grid some time on Saturday. It appears that...
16
16

Dayton table saw
Hi, I found someone selling a large Dayton table saw in my town and I was thinking of purchasing it but I don't know anything about them. I know other brands but nothing about this one. Can anyone...
12
12

Spare parts for Delta Machinery Chop Saw in Europe - Where?
I need to replace the broken guard on my Delta 36-040 chop saw, after nearly cutting my fingers off (luckily it was only a deep cut, which needed 5 stitches) Can anybody tell me where I can buy a...
2
2

What is it? Set 250
I'll probably post the answers early tomorrow since I'll be away from my computer most of the day. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
15
15

Q splitter
Anyone remember a little clip that was sold as a splitter that went into the curf of a long board being ripped? It looked like an upside down T with a wing nut or star wheel on it, It was placed in...
11
11

O/T: What's Next?
First it was "Slick Willy", now it appears to be "Slippery John, The Chameleon. McCain has repeatably emphasized that he is for less gov't, less regulation. Even voted for some of the legislation that...
198
198

Table Saw
I've been out piling up the sawdust under my saw, and just wanted to share a few things I learned. Blade changes on a good saw aren't as much as a hassle as they are a cheap one. One wrench locks the...
26
26

Getting Cedar or Redcedar from lumber mill
I noticed that when I was last in the lumber yard they were offering Cedar. So I'm thinking, is that Cedar, or Western Redcedar? Then I also started wondering if there was any functional difference...
6
6

OT: Two brothers
There once were two evil brothers. They were rich and used their money to keep their evil ways from the public eye. They attended the same temple, and to everyone else, they appeared to be perfect...

Incra or Leigh
I'm considering a jig for dovetails. I've got a "Norm type" router table as well as a couple of routers which could be used for a Leigh jig. I just watched the three LS type Incra videos on youtube...
13
13

need definition for carpentry term "came"
I cannot find a definition anywhere for the term "came" which I believe is a carpentry term, but it could also be a word from the construction trade as well. I found it used in a poem and I cannot...
7
7

Not a Neener, but almost...
Well, I've just bought myself a DeWalt six tool cordless combo pack. The DeWalt DC6PAKRA is now proudly displayed on my living room table. Drill/driver, reciprocating saw, power saw, right angle...
5
5

Slightly OT: engineered lumber for outside (deck framing) use?
This is a little off-topis for rec.ww, but I thought some folks here would be in the know, and would likely have opinions... :-) I'm planning to build a deck this winter that will require some fairly...
2
2

Source for 5x5 plywood near Durham (or Raleigh), NC?
I know there are a couple of places around Raleigh that sell 5x5 plywood, but I don't know who/where they are...
2
2

Source for 316 stainless narrow-crown staples?
Google shows me a couple of places to buy these staples, but I wondered if anyone had personal experience with a vendor they would recommend... (my stapler is a Porter-Cable NS150, if that matters)
2
2