Subject Author Posted Replies

Optimal length of lag screws
I have a wooden cart on casters on which I will have a generator. Its weight is 1,400 lbs, and the weight of the entire stucture would be 1,600 lbs. This cart may one day be winched into a trailer on...
44
44

Hitachi router
I have a M12V, which I like very much. Was thinking about buying another. Nope. Anyone know anything about the replacement, M12V2?
1
1

OT:/ Fascist coup nearly complete...
Just unbelievable. And nobody's doing a thing about it....
19
19

Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4 length wise
I have 2 nice saws and have to cut a 2x4 in half length wise. My son approached the Table Saw, and I suggested the Radial Arm saw. My Radial Arm saw is a compound Rockwell saw, that allows me to move...
22
22

Pressure washing wood deck? BAD IDEA? pressure treated.
I head conflicting advise on maintaining my deck. Some say you damage the deck by pressure washing it. Does pressure washing it remove the pressure treated chemical out of the wood? Also, If you do...
3
3

On Topic: Any suggestions for drying fresh cut X-sections of log rounds?
We recently cut down a dead standing pine (killed by pine beetle). The X-section was quite attractive with the blue caused by the beetle infestation plus a deep red central core. With the thought of...
2
2

OT: EEEEEEeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuwww!
A cruise on the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks, and there are only 3 survivors; Bob, Tom and Debbie. They manage to swim to a small island and they live there for a couple of years doing...
2
2

OT: This is all becoming scary surreal....
A RTC-like gubbermint agency on the trillion$-plus bad debt scale? And let me also extend thanks to the Clinton administration, for their contribution to the latest crisis: allowing mega-conglomerate...
9
9

Kiln drying STEEL?
I saw a guy going over some hot-rolled steel bar with a blow torch recently. When I asked what he was doing he said he was evaporating the moisture from it. Sure enough - I watched it myself. The...
34
34

Dinning Room Table
Ihave a beautiful cherry wood dinning room table about 40yrs. old i would like to protect it from water marks,should i use a satin varnish(brushed on) or a wipe on clear satin finish. Thanks
3
3

InfinityTtools opinion
I was wondering what you folks thought of this company. I was looking over their catalog and was interested in a couple items. I haven't heard of them until recently. I always like to get an opinion...
6
6

Wood for toys
Hi everyone, I'd like to make some wooden toys for my kids, but I'm not really sure what the best wood to use is, could you guys advise? I obviously want to use a wood that won't splinter and which is...
5
5

craftsman 22114 convert to 240 v
I have a Craftsman 22114 table saw. To convert it to 240 v, do I need to rewire or get a new switch...or just change over the connections in the motor and add a 240v outlet? Thanks!!
1
1

Lee Valley Free Shipping
'till Sunday
1
1

Off Topic ? testing new news server
news:// Comcast is dropping it's newsgroups. Checking to see if this free one works. Sorry for the interruption- Carry on. Clay
4
4