Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Does anyone from england read this newsgroup?
"alan.holmes" wrote This would be the perfect cue to make some sarcastic remarks about English reading skills. But I have much more style and class than that. So I won't. I should point out that it is...
13
13

OT: Stock Market Explained
My buddy from Florida sent me this...: -------- If you have difficulty understanding the current world economic situation, the following should help:   Once upon a time in a village, a man announced...
4
4

bevels/microbevels on chisels
I've been collecting a set of Japanese-style bench chisels. According to FWW review (Issue 200), I've been collecting some damn good chisels. My intended use is on hardwoods, for cleaning joints,...
5
5

Rebuilding a TEFC?
I'm working on building a Frankenlathe using an old TEFC motor on a cheapo lathe that I got for free because it had a dead motor. I was trying to install the new power cord on the motor when one of...
13
13

Backsaw fence
I know that in the past I've seen backsaws with an adjustable fence that slid up and down via two slots in the blade. Very handy for both dovetails and tenons. A google search finds nothing except one...
6
6

Dewalt Radial Arm Saw
I have the opportunity to purchase a Dewalt RAS mode 7749 in great condition. Anyone have any knowledge of this saw and care to provide an input? Thank you

Immersion Woodworking
I look at my WorkSharp ball cap (my old Logosol disappeared at some earlier date) and realize that it was originally black, not brown. I look at most of my shoes, and note that they're all trending...
6
6

Accredit Online Learning qualities
On- line learning proliferated the World Wide Web. Many offers are too good to be true but AOT (Accredited On-line Training) is different. See the testimonials of their countless students which are an...

Woodworkers Showcase Saratoga Springs, NY
Showcase 2009 will be the Eighteenth annual Fine Woodworking Show presented by the Northeastern Woodworkers Association. To be held Saturday and Sunday (9:00AM to 5:00PM) March 28 and 29, 2009,...

Engineered flooring
My right-hand man, who shall remain nameless (Grant), is thinking of doing his basement rec room in wood. Engineered is what we're told, so far, what we should use. Now, I know some of you are...
8
8

OT: Captain Queeg
If he pushes him hard enough The steel balls will start to roll

OT: Bail Out Plan (funny)
Received this a few days ago from a friend. Thought others here might enjoy it. ...... I'm against the $ 85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in...
15
15

Does this guy remind you of anyone?
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/42109/thumbs/s-MCCAIN-large.jpgS.
2
2

Working with pine instead of hardwood?
Hi - I've been approached by a customer to make some furniture and furnishings from pine in kind of a southwest style (to yet be determined what that means to the customer). I've done most of my...
33
33

Grizzly G1021X2 Extreme Series 15" Planer w/ Spiral Cutterhead (2023 Update)
I have pretty much narrowed my search for a new planer to this machine. Does anyone have any experience with this machine? pros cons? Better sugggestions? Upgrading from a portable delta, 12 1/2"...
10
10