Subject Author Posted Replies

GMail as in WTF is Google doing?
For a few months now, I've been using GMail as my main mailing program. Quick, easy to use, no problems with attachments, attaches my signature correctly and so on. So, today, I go to attach an...
5
5

How can I make this cut repeatably on my table saw
I am planning to make some wine cork trivets. See here for an example: plan to make the 4 sides of the trivet out of cherry with a roundover using a 3/4" roundover bit on my router table. I have been...
4
4

Shop dog
For the past 7 years, my Labrador has been joining me in the shop, a good companion, never underfoot, constantly watchful, and thinking who knows what dogs think. I remember as clearly as though it...
1
1

FS Inca 150 7" Table Saw
Includes extension table; extended rails (48"); mortising chuck & key but no mortising table; complete (I believe) Inca accessory parts/ tools; original manual. Asking $299. Pickup downtown Manhattan...

Handy little program
A few years ago, somebody posted a link to a downloadable program that calculated angles for cutting sections for making cylindrical wooden things (like dome top/half-round top trunks, round barrels,...
1
1

O/T: Joe The Plumber
Seems Joe the plumber is not really a plumber, but maybe a plumber's helper. To become a plumber requires a certain amount of time in grade as well as taking and passing the plumber's test to become a...
40
40

O/T: The More Things Change, Etc...
Local PBS was showing some film documenting Richard Nixon's life, especially the 1960 campaign. First there was a clip of Kennedy's campaign proposals, then Nixon's response. I sat there dumb founded....
5
5

What happened to C-Less?
Hello everyone, Has anyone heard from Larry Jaques? Take care, David Eisan.
2
2

Hawthorne and Reid Drawer Slides
Amazon sells some Hawthorne and Reid Full Extension Drawer Slides. Has anyone had any experience with them? Thanks, Wayne in Houston

OT: Merlot
Considering the recent invectives flying about this NG recently, I put = forth this little bit of mirth in a effort to Cool youse guys down. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BOTTLE OF MERLOT=20...
7
7

O//T: Editorial Cartoon
Most mornings I try to check out the web site Just thought some of you would get a chuckle out of three editorial comics from that web site: Jeff Danziger Breen Ramsey you notice the roller coater was...

Akeda BC24 Dovetail Jig Arrived Yesterday
After a month of research and reading, I ordered the Akeda BC24 from on Monday afternoon, it arrived at 9 AM yesterday morning. Not bad FedEx! Wisconsin to East Tennessee. When I signed for it and the...
9
9

What is it? Set 254
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
30
30

Hard to find World War II Collectibles
I found this awesome site that has great deals on hard to find collectibles....Thought I would share it here in case anyone is interested....

OT: Statesmanship
Aristotle -- "What the statesman is most anxious to produce is a certain moral character in his fellow citizens, namely a disposition to virtue and the performance of virtuous actions." Otto von...
6
6