Subject Author Posted Replies

Wooden Alters for Sale
Wow what a great shop, I dropped by and checked it out today, your only a couple of blocks away form me. I will be back again; I never knew you were in Woodstock Thanks for your address
1
1

Re: Save on Wood Furniture
I think I'll just give up woodworking and start buying my furniture. I mean, really, Free Shipping? How great is that??
1
1

Maybe a Nanner, Followup
Thanks, I've been using JPW on the of my DeWalt planer so now I'll be using it on the table saw. Jim
9
9

Slightly OT? - Refinishing stair treads
Not sure if this is off-topic or not, but figure you woodworkers will be able to help anyway. I am refinishing a old set of stairs (built in 1920's approx.). The original paint and varnish has been...
9
9

New Swiss Plane??
First saw them some 7 years ago at the woodworking show(s) in chicago. Gave it a glance, moved on to the new, better, shinier, prettier, etc... stuff. jc
7
7

Bastille Day.
I thought of Bastille Day when I saw the images last night. A lot of people around the world are celebrating, but Obama won't get the real respect he deserves until he nails that sunnuvabitch Bush and...

RE: EZ Etoufee-Follow Up
RE: Subject Tried this recipe tonight. In true candy ass fashion, used MILD sauce. BIG MISTAKE. Fortunately had a bottle of hot sauce available for rescue duty. BIG DIFFERENCE. (Next time, use HOT...
7
7

old motor
... Why, pray tell, would you go to such lengths to make it undersized at the possible savings of a few pennies? At least put a 12ga piece of cord stock on the thing so it will have all the "oomph" it...
8
8

Shellac.net
Does anyone know if is really up and running? Reason I ask is that a few years ago that site was inactive even though it looked like it was open for business.
35
35

FS: Grizzly G1035 Shaper Mesa, AZ
Good condition, with mobile base, 110V AC 1-1/2hp shaper, comes with 1/2", 3/4" and Router bit spindles. optional cast iron wing extension and a spare belt. 2 speed machine, as show on Grizzly's...

Finishing cherry
I am building a small project out of cherry that will be in a kitchen and hence around water. Bob Flexner's book recommends gel stain since cherry does not stain evenly due to swirly grain. The gel...
10
10

New Material for Mantels
Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce myself and say I am excited to say that Our business has created a New Proprietary Formula. Its stronger than anything on the market and we back it with a 100%...
1
1

Spread the wealth???
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. Abraham Lincoln cm
95
95

Penetrating Mixwax Stain
I used a Minwax Red Oak stain on some oak and it didn't turn out red enough. Attempts to stain over that with Red Mahagony stain, which is deeper, hasn't deepened the color at all. I'm guess that it's...
4
4

Problem using Akeda DT jig
I purchased and Akeda jig a few months ago (lots of raves on the new group). I have begun using it to build a bunch of drawers for kitchen cabinets. My first set of 10 drawers came out perfect. They...
15
15