Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Larry LaPrise
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed. Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The...
1
1

Metal project (sawmill)
cross posted RCM and RW Ck'n back in hoping the mind numbing election noise has died down a bit. I'm starting to build a small bandsaw mill so I can mill siding for my shop and make wide plank...
11
11

Warning to all Woodworkers
It is NOT safe to come out yet. Stay in your shops until further notice.
2
2

Some cool stuff. ON topic in the wood model section.
great way to blow an afternoon. http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/A
1
1

Alternative OT - Stick and Dog stories
Two interesting news items today. The stick gets inducted into a toy Hall of Fame. At last, recognition of a timeless toy, weapon, etc! Pointy stick craftpeople rejoice! Bush's dog bit a reporter....
1
1

Waxing table surface
We have a large antique dining room table that I'd like to protect with wax. The base finish is shellac. I've tried a variety of paste waxes over the years (Minwax, Butchers, etc.) but none give a...
3
3

buying a single hand pull saw - found a good one.
Today my wife was cutting the grass and going through a lot of sticks and stems left over from IKE. I have been grinding them up left and right... She got a 1.5" sycamore branch in the blade and...

RE: A Sign Of The Times-Maybe
The largest Lamborghini dealer in the country, located in Santa Ana (Orange County), CA, has closed it's doors. The sold about 10% of the 2,400 unit annual production. With a price structure of about...
27
27

Cherry Window Trim (w/pics)
Hello everyone, I am in the trim stage of making my 1970's house look like it was built 100 years ago. Here is a pic of my first trimmed out window, a shot of the detail, ceiling in the bathroom is...
10
10

Ideas for stone mantels
well I have a website in mind that had a good link to a book that had many Stone Mantel Ideas in it if you have time check it out. http://stonemantels.ruqqa.com

Ideas for Mantels
I found a website that had a link to a pretty good book for mantel Ideas. The website was http://stonemantels.ruqqa.com

Incra finally arrived - and an appeal.
All of us in the UK can use colourful prose when prompted... Ahh....................not *that* sort of colourful language :-) I'll get my coat.
26
26

OT Obamas campaign promises???
I believe this fits the old story about the woman you go to bed with on your wedding night (This is an old story) is not the woman who is in your bed when you wake up the next morning. I heard one...
1
1

OT For all of my friends.
On Wednesday I received a forward from someone entitled "Dear Red States..." It was something of a sendup based on the relative resources of various states vs recent election returns. Here is a...
2
2

What is it? Set 257
Oops, minor correction. Most of the gun-knife combo's had the knife attached to the BOTTOM of the pistol. Not so with this little tomahawk-gun. This arrangement makes the use of either weapon very...
19
19