Subject Author Posted Replies

silicone glue
I am making wood frams for a mirror the instructions say apply silicone to small pieces of wood to attach them to the mirror. I have never used this type of glue before. Does it really work and how is...
9
9

Toolbox Christmas
Here's a perfect give for that woodworker who has everything:
2
2

Finish for Cocobolo
Cocobolo has so much natural oil in it that it finishes beautifully with a simple penetrating oil finish. After it's dry - wax it well and buff it out and you'll be amazed at the color you'll see in...
1
1

Angle iron or oak?
The easy thing would be to put a couple more casters in the center...Probably one in the middle of the cart and one at each end. This will solve the bow in the middle problem and take some weight off...
6
6

Re: Brass Cap Nuts
Thanks to everybody who replied to me about my need for some brass cap nuts and a BIG THANKS to Clare Snyder who picked up 25 of them from a local business and mailed them to me. Dave

Can i use this wood finish????
i have painted a kids barbie wood doll house with latex paint in different colors. and want to put a finish on it. can i use varathane dimond wood finish- semigloss, interior (i am just writing what...
6
6

Sawdust > Filler
...clear epoxy works well, also... cg
8
8

Saw Stop demo with a real hand
The energy transferred from the spinning blade as it slams into the brake is actually what causes it to drop so fast. Conservation of angular momentum and all that... Chris
20
20

Outdoor workbench
I have one of those, got it for $89.95 when Costco first brought them in. Woodcraft wants like $150 for them, yikes. However I'd be reluctant to leave it outside if rain was possible, that...
15
15

Track saws?
I own a few Festool sanders and the 1/4 sheet palm sander isn't one of them. Overpriced indeed. Now this one is a great sander for a good price: absolutely love that little thing and with the dust...
42
42

Heat bending of wood
Wood fibers get flexible with water or better yet, heat and water or stream swells the fibers (almost like feathers) as they take up water. As the wood dries, the frayed fibers lock together again and...
14
14

What ideas do you have to help me with this glue up?
... Yes. No larger than it is, two on each side will be all you need. For alignment, the biscuits should put everything pretty much in place and keep it close; if the joints are accurate the pressure...
5
5

OT: Do-not-call scam circulating through e-mail
I thought the following of sufficient worth to pass along for all of we = Canukistanians who have cell phones. P D Q ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Do-not-call scam circulating through e-mail...

Purpose of leather shock washers
Sounds as though you were abusing the chisels. The leather may be under warranty though, Check with the manufacturer.
17
17

Re: wood screws
These are recex screws, one of the best screws on the market. I have used them for many years. I don't think that paying less will make them any less in quality. I might even think it makes them...
4
4