Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting perfect 5 1/2" circles
I need to cut four 5 1/2" wheels out of 3/4" oak for a toy I am making for my grandson. The size is too small for a router and trammel. I have a book called Woodworking with the Router by Hylton and...
53
53

OT: This gut has figured out how to move pyramid sized blocks using leverage and muscle power. (Video)
This gut has figured out how to move pyramid sized blocks using leverage and muscle power. J Walk Blog – Finance | Home | Sport | Travel | Gadgets | Fashion | Tech
8
8

Display Case Issues
The project I have on my plate is a small display case for a model. I'm looking to build a rectangular cube, with wood (pref. mahogany) for the frame and glass in all but the bottom side. The model'd...
3
3

Melamine sheets?
Is it possible to purchase melamine sheets like the kind used for shelving in widths greater than 11 7/8"? I asked at my local HD and Lowes, and building supply companies with no success, both bigbox...
11
11

Fein Multimaster Vs Dremel
I plan to purchase a Fein Multimaster for $400 unless I can convince myself that the new Dremel knock off can do the job and I think there may be one other knock off . Anyone have good or bad info on...
12
12

OT: spell check
I bought a new laptop last night and set up Outlook Express for my NG's. I think the spell check language is set to French?? How do I switch to engrish? cm
37
37

What happend to Tom Plamann...?
Hi, was just wondering what has happened to Tom Plamann and/or his web site? He used to have a very inspiring web site looking like this: now...it's like this:...
21
21

reciprocating saw question
Hi guys, looks like my personal Christmas gift this year will more than likely not be a Weatherby shotgun so my second choice is going to be a reciprocating saw. I'm a high rise glass installer and...
20
20

Another amusing eBay search.
I was searching for Rockwell Sander and amongst the various woodworking machines was a listing for a Norman Rockwell painting of Colonel Sanders. (try searching for Delta Shapers!) Marc
2
2

VERY scary sharpening
Never had any success sharpening tools on stones, so for years now I have been using a belt sander held inverted in a vice. Works great. Quick, easy and followed by a light touch up on fine grit...
6
6

Delta Drill Press Wiring Help (DP-350)
I have a DP-350 bench top drill press that has a broken switch (it fried and smoked). I have a new one on the way, but I pulled the wires off it w/o writing down how they go back. Anyone mind taking a...
10
10

Brad nailers:
Hi folks , I want to buy an small brad nail gun , I would like an electric type for its convenience. Does anyone here recommend them? Sal
24
24

Maple shorts
Hi everyone, Unfortunately, my favorite family-owned wood shop closed up shop recently - big shame. As a result, I am struggling to find a source for some wood to produce this year's stack of cutting...
9
9

Kitchen Cabinet Construction: Looking for plans and recommendations
I'm strongly considering making my own kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have an online or a good book reference that supplies the drawings and joinery details? I'd like to make raised panel doors. This...
18
18

Grizzly 16" drum sander
Anyone have or know someone that has experience with this sander. My concern is that at 2 HP it might be underpowered.
6
6