Subject Author Posted Replies

Mop (flop?) sanding
Ok, here's the deal. I've got about 1000 little cleats for a wine cellar that need sanding. They're 3/4" square by 12.5" long with a small bevel at one of the ends - I just lopped one of the corners...
10
10

OT: Way Off: Aquarium Filters
Yeah, I know it don't belong here but I've grown to trust the corporate wisdom of the Wreck, disregarding the applicability of the post. I've revived the 55 gallon tank so that my eleven year old can...
18
18

Cutting melamine/mdf
I'm building a new router table top out of 3/4 melamine covered MDF. I want to minimize chipout and am wondering if covering the cutline with blue painters tape will help. Any thoughts?
3
3

O/T: The Elderly
Enjoy Lew ############################################################## Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel's ear and she...

OT humor?
A dentist's patient complained that his bridgework was corroded. The dentist asked whether he had changed his diet. The patient answered that his wife had prepared Hollandaise sauce for some...
2
2

Spacing of guide holes in the 3-hole Kreg Pocket Hole Jig?
I saw a close-up view of the 3-hole guide in one of the videos, so I stopped the picture in the middle of the close-up and using a scale on the screen measured the diameter of one of the 3/8" guide...
11
11

Wood Gloat and advice request
About two years ago, a neighbor cut down a tall cedar tree in his front yard. It was a mixed blessing: I hated to lose a living tree on my block, but the roots aren't growing into my sewer lines...
7
7

Need sliding glass doors and slide hardware for display cabinet.
I am contemplating making a 4' H x 7'10" W x 6" D sliding glass door wall cabinet. I have no problem with getting the wood, but I am wondering where I can get the glass doors and double track. This...
3
3

External 'bar' door design?
Some of you may know form my previous questions, I have been building a large =91barn style=92 outbuilding, one half is an open car port, other is to have a pair of doors fitted. Roof is currently...
13
13

Doh!!!
Got delivery of a few new router bits today. Individually packed. Stapled containers. Got bored digging out all the staples. Managed it without injury. Got first bit out to inspect. All covered in...
15
15

Elite router bits
Anybody have any experience with these? The price on Ebay seems too good to be true
5
5

Ripping planks
So I have this nice ten-foot 2x6 that I want to rip into a couple of sticks 2 1/5 wide, then glue them up to give me a blank 2 1/2 by 3. (I'm trying different ways of making oars). The original plank...
6
6

Biscuit Jointing
I have read (and followed) instructions that when fitting biscuit joints, that PVA glue should be used, as this as well as gluing, due to water content , forces biscuits to swell. I now tend to use...
38
38

OT: Who is your real best friend?
Who is your real best friend? This really works...! If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. Put your dog and your spouse in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, who is...
16
16

The General Router.
Many here have enjoyed the power and reliability of General power tools. I'm particularly proud of this achievement as it involves (near) local talent and the machine is an absolute delight. I have...
13
13