Subject Author Posted Replies

Antique tool show listings/ads
In article , Sledge Hammer wrote: What sorts of "few things" are you looking for? Many things that aren't exactly common are still available new if you know where to look...you might get a few more...
10
10

OT:Roy Orbison & Friends, A black & white night.
"Upscale" wrote Blues musician's, in particular, are like that ... you live from magic moment to magic moment, just waiting to be elevated by that next "magic moment", no matter how long it takes for...
8
8

Saw Blade: value of flat?
In a previous thread on saw sharpening the discussion turned to using circular blades and some comments about not sharpening them as it wasn't cost effective. And this leads to my question. I'm a...
21
21

Nashville Woodworking Show
It's not, and I was thinking the same thing. I know the geometry of it leads one to think there would be some rocking or an eventual downhill drop. I suppose if you were to put 60 grit on there, that...
6
6

O/T Humour - Understanding tools
In article , LRod wrote:
2
2

I must have a lost cousin
When I was developing loudspeakers in the late 70's/early 80's, I would test their 'roadworthyness' by dropping off a pair at my buddy's house, with a couple of Crown DC 300 amps and 2 or 3 cases of...
14
14

Merry Christmas too me... Some good deals
Hey, I found some good deals for myself and thought I would share in-case anyone else is in the market. Woodcraft: Free shipping included 1. Bessy K-Body clamps (pre-revo) being closed out - Four 24"...
1
1

Can you believe
Well now, THAT was good for a snicker. !! Robert
19
19

Unusual Staircase Designs (Link)
Damn American nanny state! Europeans obviously have a lot more freedom. Luigi
8
8

electrical advice wanted--110 vs 220
Good Morning, I am in the happy position of planning an electrical upgrade to my shop. (And boy, does it need it!) For the first time I will have 220v available. My lathe, jointer and table saw motors...
18
18

EMCO rex b20
Hi Have an EMCO thicknesser/planer that seems to be very similar to the Rex B20 (it may be an older model) There is no tool to set the height of the planer knives. What is the best way to do this? I...

Hings Jig
It's in every home center and hardware store I've ever been in--- most often in a pack with the little green plastic drill guide. But I've also seen them in the drill bit section, with the other...
13
13

Walker Turner disk sander??
Just posted a photo to ABPW... never saw one before and am curious.
9
9

Wood working plans
I decided to quit procrasting and build my daughter a spinning wheel. Looked over the internet and saw a nice Saxon type wheen at The price was not bad ($14.95) so I ordered the small wheel and the...
8
8

PC 7518 router speed varying
I was using my PC 7518 at 10000RPM in a table to make a window stool the other day. While I was examining the last piece off the table, the router started varying its speed up and down. Nobody was...
3
3