Subject Author Posted Replies

Jet Xacta fence pads too thick
Yep, been there done that and after a number of attempts, the glue that finally worked and is still holding the pads in-place after 5 years... Gorilla Glue Clean the mating surfaces, put glue on one,...
20
20

Best Wood Veneer Supplier?
Thanks, Lew. I know Anderson. I can get shells from the same place they get their shells, if I'm using ply shells. But I'd rather make them. Stave. What I'd like to try is steam bending, but I just...
11
11

Inexpensive Competitor for the Festool Domino?
wrote Dunno what I would use the Domino for to make it pay for itself at this time, but rest assured, when I get a project where it "makes sense" to have it, I will join the black and green club in a...
17
17

Warm Shop Shoes
a) they OP said his feet are cold. I'm pretty sure he's not going to go from that to "sweating puddles" with what I suggested. b) how much protection do you think he's getting from the loafers he's...
44
44

A place to sell
I came across a web site that bills itself as "Your place to buy & sell all things handmade." I spent 3-4 hours looking at the site and it is really interesting... There are a couple broad categories...
2
2

How to extend handle?
I bought an inexpensive beach cart from Walmart a while back and it works fine except for one thing, the handle isn't long enough. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to extend the...
7
7

What factors govern the wander and twist of a bandsaw blade?
I'm going to step in here and agree with what most every one has mentioned. However, IMHO most of what causes a blade to not be stable is actually the saw. I had a Craftsman BS for several years, it...
10
10

Woodworkers in AT BA BG CZ DE EE FI FR HU IT LV LT MD MK PL RO SK TR UA
I'd like to invite interested woodworkers in these places with an interest in building passive solar heating panels for their local markets to contact me directly by e-mail with the word "solar" in...
4
4

Beagles Are Not Pets
When I was a young fella - and by young I mean twelve - I wanted a beagle to go hunting rabbits with me. My Momma, being from stout stock, told me that I could not have one because we lived in town -...
7
7

Lee Valley Shows its True Colo(u)rs
In a heated debate a few years ago, Rob Lee defended the company's charging of much higher prices to Canadians due to unforseen shifts in CDN-US exchange rates. He said: "We can either float prices...
25
25

used parts
All right Mike, confound it! Immediately after this discussion (on Saturday afternoon) I went directly to CraigsList and found a good one-owner mid-eighties 10" Craftsman RAS for $100, picked it up on...
25
25

Building the spruce goose OT and revisited
http://sonofbillbrasky.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bush_monkey.jpg
14
14

Off Topic: 50 Strange Buildings of the World
It makes you wonder what these folks were thinking of when they built these structures. I like most of them and am pleased that there are enough mavericks in the world to create these one of a kind...
14
14

window question
I have a old farm house with wood windows and 6 pains in each top and bottom, not new but very old I installed plastic on the inside and have pretty good storms on the outside, why do I have ice on...
5
5

Power tools in the Kitchen?
Hello everyone, I was looking for some cookies today and could not find any in the house. How hard can it be to bake cookies? I like peanut butter cookies, I thought I would give making them a try....
8
8