Subject Author Posted Replies

Recex Screws
Someone asked sometime back about the recex screws offered at Well, I bought em', and I am sold. The recex design is sweet, the combo drive worx well and the price was fine. I can't get these locally...
1
1

O/T: Welcome to SoCal
Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and quiet. Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming in. Life moves on. Lew
5
5

Ridgid table saw
I am currently looking and trying to make up my mind as to which table saw to purchase to replace my aging one. Right now I am looking at the Ridgid with the cast iron top. I have read the reviews...
14
14

Stapler for furniture
I need to replace the rubber/leather straps that support a chair and 2 couches. Since there are so many of them to do, I can justify a new stapler. The current straps are about 1 inch wide and are...
7
7

OT: HUMOUR
I became Senior Citizen a few weeks back. A couple of days ago I went out celebrate on my own. Next day , I went to confession. The priest said 'Tell me your sins, my son." I told him what had...
7
7

Non-toxic, waterproof glue for kitchen tools
I want/need to make some things for the kitchen that either of necessity or by design must be made from separate parts glued together. Since some of these will be used to prepare food, I'm looking...
8
8

Best way to sand a panel without a drum sander.
I made a bar/counter top out of birds-eye maple and paduk. It involves 4 pieces of the maple and 2 strips of the paduk, all edge glued together. Anyway, it is ~ 25" x 74" and now I would like to sand...
14
14

Kity 612 Bandsaw broken part
I have a Kity 612 bandsaw on which one of the table support brackets is broken. I have found a UK supplier who *might* have the part if Ican tell them the part number. So that I can find out the the...

What is it? Set 266
Another set of photos has been posted to the site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
21
21

We need your help this week to win a contest with our wooden six cheese fountain
I've entered a contest at a neat site that many of you know called and I need votes to get to the actual jury stage. An Instructable is an online step by step instruction thingie on how to do...

GLOAT New Makita compound slider saw
No bargains here, but what a bargain! After 20+ years of dicking around with substandard chop saws, bought willynilly with least price being the primary consideration, I have to say that I am pleased....
9
9

Radial saw chain mortiser attachment???
Anybody have or used one of these and any comments on how it did/does? I have a bunch to do on the barn door restoration on end of the crossbucks and frames. Did first few w/ the benchtop puppy...
3
3

Review: Kreg Precision Miter Gauge
Synopsis: Fatally flawed tool, good customer support. Long Version: I ws disappointed with the miter gauge that came with my new table saw (not surprising) and went to my local woodcraft to get some...
10
10

HF brad nailer
So... is there a specific model of brad nailer that is preferred at Harbor Freight? Or are all the 5/8"-2" capable nailers as good as the next? I can't (for now) see needing a stapler but are any of...
47
47

BIG Edge Sander in OKC - FS - CHEAP
Is anyone interested in an Eckland (sp?) edge sander. Pulled from use several months back. Must be picked up here SOON. $100. If I just had a little more room.... This thing is at least 6' long with 3...
2
2