Subject Author Posted Replies

Hand Planer / Opinions
I'm just starting to look at getting an electric hand held planer. Surfing around the net I found this Bosch 3365 on sale for $100, which suits me pricewise. opinions or recommendations on a good hand...
2
2

How to get burn-free cuts?
I kept on getting burn marks on my Delta Unisaw when cutting Maple. I have a tune-up, align the blade and table slot to less than 0.002". (more like 0.001" with a dial gauge). I also replaced the left...
33
33

Powermatic Belt & Disc Sander Model 30A -Operating Instructions & Parts List -1979
machinery manuals, brochures, documents and related literature online; http://www.machinetoolfiles.com

flooring supplier
Has anyone dealt with If so, I would be interested to hear if your experience was good, bad, or indifferent. I am about to buy flooring and they have the best price I have found, but ordering flooring...

RE; Glue Technique
Nailshooter41 said; On another track, I am a big fan of the old school liquid nails, but about 3 years ago tried the polyurethane tube glues. They seem to hold like hell, fill in gaps well, and dry...
8
8

Ready to buy Leigh, Akeda or Omnijig
Howdy folks, Ready to plunge on a dovetail jig and going shopping on Saturday. My gut decided Leigh D4R but I seriously looked at the Akeda 24" and Omnijig. My need: Primarily through dovetails but I...
37
37

Using electric planer
Just bought my first electric planer. I'm not managing to get an even plane throughout the length of the wood beam I'm planing. I think I'm going to have to clamp a length of wood to the side of the...
2
2

Measurments and Quantities - I'm feeling thick!
I'm trying to clad my roof space to stop traffic soot coming in and I need to work out costs. But my brain has switched off again! I have two spaces about 12ft by 13ft that need cladding and the 12ft...

Miter saw reviews
I'm in the market for a miter saw, so went to consumer reports and read their review for miter saws, then moved on to several woodworking magazines and guess what? None of these publications picked...
12
12

Food safe glue followup
After the recent thread on food safe glue, I emailed Gorilla Glue and asked. They replied with a detailed message. Essentially, they said that while they haven't gone through the FDA approval process,...
35
35

Highland Hardware's WoodSlicer - bad drifitng.
I decided to slap on a new bandsaw blade and reached for the WoodSlicer I picked up at a recent show. It is a horrible blade in my opinion. Horrible in the sense that the blade drift is more than...
13
13

Woodpeckers?
My shop has become a target for woodpeckers and I'm fighting having them burrowing holes in the siding. This isn't just a small inconvenience, it is becoming a major damage issue. Has anybody found...
54
54

Back bevel on planer knives
I had been watching "wood works" with David Marks on DIY when it was still on He mentioned during a shop tour show he had a back bevel put on his planer and joiner knives to reduce tear-out. I would...

kerfing underside of tabletop?
Hello, I'm in the process of making a table top of curly maple (36x15). It's an extra wide board (about 17in), which has about a half inch twist. Have any of you use a kerfing technique for making the...
2
2

$20 0ff any $100 or more order at Woodworker.com until 1/18/09
Untitled Document