Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Winner from Woodpeckers
For the low, low price of $200, everyone needs one or two. <> SteadyCurve speeds up your contoured projects by using the same template for both roughing out on your band saw and final finish on your...
1
1

Actual Woodworking Again
I have not posted much of my work lately but here are some give away Christmas gifts. No boxes or cutting boards this year. ;~) I use the Shaper Origin to cut the half lap dado's in the stock before...

SouRce for Milwaukee 6496 SCMS motor
My old Milwaukee 6496 SCMS blew out its motor the other day. All the online sources say it's been discontinued and no longer available.I've also tried local places without results. Any ideas where I...
5
5

Proper bandsaw use
I have always thought or assumed that the upper guides on the band saw should be close to the work and yet I see people on the Internet with the guides being 12 or more inches from the work. What is...
6
6

MFT/3 from Festool? How the hell can this be used for woodworking?
I was at Highland today taking a serious look at the MFT/3. I must be missing something (so was the sales guy and the Festool Owner's group) but that think is about as accurate as a dull axe. The rail...
23
23

drawings of wooden planes
I am thinking of making myself an item I believe is called a scraper plane; a short block plane with a blade at or nearly at 90deg vertical for difficult grain. Would i find a good drawing as a...
16
16

Looking for parts for a Tradesmen
I have a Tradesmen 14" bandsaw model T7060 and looking for the axle block part number 14-003 . I would like to get to building stuff. thanks again for your help . Michael T.
1
1

Making a custom dowel (2023 Update)
Maybe something to try in a pinch. 9.3M views, 111K likes, 348 comments, 5.3K shares, Facebook Reels from Dustin Burnes 9.1M views, 109K likes, 348 comments, 5.3K shares, Facebook Reels from Dustin...
3
3

Holy Tek bandsaw
Holy Tek .. Holy Heck ! .. of a bandsaw ! :-)     John T. https://jantziauctions.hibid.com/lot/134889350/4-uprigh-band-resaw-15hp-600-volt/?q=...
2
2

Cutting brass (2023 Update)
I'm looking to a slot the heads of some brass knurled knobs. I was thinking of mounting them in a line recessed in a piece of wood. I was going to use threaded inserts to hold the knobs and a jam nut...
14
14

Norseman Vortex drill bits
Stumpy Nubs did a podcast a while back comparing drill bits and found three types that worked better than even the best brad point bits. I bought the Norseman Vortex bits and they really are...
2
2

A fun ppportunity to overdesign something! : )
My current solution for a "graphics card prop", is a 3/4" x 1.5" x h" piece of wood where, h is "just the right length". A rectangular box has been cut from the top, leaving a supporting shape (like...
53
53

12 2/16 planer blades are not turning, feeder roller are working?
planer turns on and feeder rollers are working, The blades do not turn. what is the repair? thanks
4
4

searching for magazine article
Hi, Can someone provide a copy of the dino playset in Woodworkers Journal Sept/Oct 1994 ogs 48-51? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
22
22

Downey California auction
It is an Iron Planet Auction, whole lot of stuff. But the old Sears table saw is cool. Used :Misc. Shop, Warehouse, Consumer in Downey, California, United States for sale, inspected and guaranteed....
5
5