Subject Author Posted Replies

(OT) What's for supper
Bar-B-Qued pork steak with cream of leek and asparagus soup. Yum-yum basilisk
9
9

Coopering warm-up
I've got a project to repair an item for an uncle to, essentially, replace a missing panel in a barrel. As a warm up for that I decided to make a pentagon shaped structure. The angles came out close,...
8
8

Woodriver Lathe Chuck
Hi Group, Can anyone tell me who makes the Woodriver lathe chuck? I need to contact them. I would like to know what the threads are on their adapters because I've acquired a three jaw chuck and need...
5
5

Painter's Touch or Painter's Fingerprint??
I am currently painting two small tables. I had originally planned to stain them but for several reasons decided to go with paint. I am using Rustoleum's Painter's Touch (Espresso) and, although a...
13
13

Skil Saw Model 77 - How to repair?
I have an old Skil Saw model 77 from the 1960's or so. There was a problem with the switch, so I took it apart. There are two wires from the motor that need to be replaced, so I then took the whole...
4
4

Mason and Sullivan Plans search..... (2023 Update)
Back in the early 80's I started a Grandmother clock using Mason and Sullivan plans. I was looking at the clock the other day and decided I would like to complete it. Does anyone know where I can...
120
120

Replacing kitchen floor
Our 35 year old kitchen floor (sheet vinyl) needs to be replaced. We have decided to replace it with 12" square tiles. With other remodeling going on we have decided not to replace the kitchen...
47
47

Off Topic - A Dog's Purpose - For Dog Lovers
I don't know where this came from, but I know there are some dog lovers in here. So I am passing it on. A Dog's Purpose (please read to the end) (From a 6-year-old's perspective). Being a...
1
1

Applying veneer
I have been trying to learn how to apply veneer on a small project. Based on some early discussions in rec.woodworking I was using the technique of applying PVA glue to both surfaces, let it dry then...
5
5

Rikon Band Saw?
I have been in the market for a 14=94 bandsaw and I need some advice? Have not found any used. I have a 10=94 Delta Home Craft that I have had for years and I need to upgrade to something I can resaw...
4
4

Dutch doors
My church [tiny, with even tinier budget] is getting ready to wall off an area for a nursery. If we put in a door (of course we'll have a door), the state says the door has to have a glass panel so...
47
47

Delta Hollow Chisel Mortiser
Wanted to Buy
3
3

Wanted to Buy
Wanted : Delta Hollow Chisel Mortiser
2
2

What kind of blade is this?
SSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gZ2l2ZW4gYSBjaXJjdWxhciBzYXcgYmxhZGUgNiBpbmNoZXMgaW4gZGlhbWV0 ZXIgd2l0aCA2MCBjYXJiaWRlIHRlZXRoLCBhbHRlcm5hdGUtdG9wLWJldmVsIGdyb3VuZC4NCg0K...
10
10

Jorgensen 3724HD Clamps at Home Depot
Was at HD today to use up a gift card and saw that they had Jorgensen 24" clamps - the heavier duty ones - for $12.47 a piece. Looked on amazon and they have them for $19.79. I think sometimes places...
6
6