Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Removing stain from oak
That may be a problem; oxalic acid is unstable, it wants to stay cold (and of course, you have to handle it with glass or plastic, it gets poisoned in a steel or stainless container). It makes iron...
1
1

OT = Valentine's Day
OT - Valentine's Day Yes, it is off topic, but a timely, one-time-only topic. This is not typical spam. I am a normal contributor who happens to sing Barbershop. If you need a special Valentine, there...
4
4

Jet shop filter ok to run without filters?
Probably a stupid question, but... Is there any reason that running it as a "fan" can hurt or make it less effective.. Looking ahead to summer and was going to put an exhaust fan in the shop......
24
24

OT Humor - a clean joke, that's actually funny
The Pope flies to NYC for a visit. His plane is late. He only has a few minutes to get from JFK to lower Manhattan for an appearance, and it's rush hour! The Pope gets into a cab, tells the driver...
3
3

Help: How to Make a Gang Saw
I need to cut soft metals into strips and also groove wood and plastics for several projects, and it seems that the only plausible way to make these cuts consistent and accurate is to use a gang saw....
30
30

Orange Oil as a Finish?
Orange oil has become popular for cleaning and preserving furniture and many things wood. I have seen it listed as being usable on even bare wood. Can it be used as an oil finish? Has anyone used it?...
11
11

Re: Workshops for RVs and Sailboats
Think small and think minimalist. Lugging a whole machine shop around with you is a lot simpler if you've restricted yourself to a mini-mill/-lathe, especially if you're driving a 1-ton dually and...
52
52

Woodwork Magazine????
This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on? -- Andy Barss
9
9

Re: Edge of plywood table top.
apply the whole strip is good as far as I'm concerned. One thing I do prefer however is the type of veneer stripping. I've used both the iron on type and the use your own white glue type. I believe...
6
6

Edge of plywood table top.
I am replacing a table top with a nice piece of cabinet grade plywood. It is a piece 2'x4'. I want to cover the edges of the plywood with veneer edging. It says to use an iron to apply it. Should I...
2
2

Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs NY
My club's annual woodworking show is the last weekend of March this year. exhibit is Arts & Crafts Furniture Featured Presenters include Jim Tolpin Adam Cherubini W. Patrick Edwards Molly Winton More...

OT: We have talked about this before. (Automobile manufacturing related.)
This does not just reflect on the car industry, btw. Ford did not ask for a bail out. They took their hits a few years back. Smart. Very smart. And now this: pay close attention to the last phrase of...
4
4

What is a good 1/4 inch veneer substrate?
I plan on making my first frame and panel door and am wondering what a good substate for the veneered panel would be. How about masonite?
9
9

Free issue of WWJ online
Future of magazine subscriptions? Has a plan for a fold down outfeed table that looks interesting. http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=337285059&ref_id=6501&ref_t=Z&originid=69422724...
10
10

Does Hut Crystal Finish go bad?
As the subject asks ... does Hut Crystal Coat go bad? I purchased a bottle and didn't notice it had a date on the back, which is outdated. How long does/can this stuff last? `Casper
11
11