Subject Author Posted Replies

Great Replacement Top For Used Caulk Tube!
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your half-used caulk tubes. This is a really cool product and is cheap enough to make reusing caulk worth it. I'm going to order a 5-pack of...
38
38

convertible work truck
ok in a pinch you could pile some two bys in there like the negative pressure storage pods for the cars though had never seen that but a good idea to keep them clean
2
2

how can I remove very old masking tape and residue from antique wooden box?
I have a 1940's wooden box with nice finish that was used to store a scientific instrument. The problem is that someone kept taping over the lid to keep the box closed while in storage. As a...
8
8

Planer or sander
I'm contemplating the purchase of a bench top planer. After looking around for a used machine, I often thought about a vertical drum sander instead. Obviously, I know the difference between the two...
42
42

Good bye
Just thought I would say good bye to many of you that I have conversed with over the years. First on the rec, then on the binaries for quite a few years, then back to the rec. I have been paying to...
18
18

Time to stock up
Have been in HD a bunch over the last few days to get parts and pieces for a couple of large repairs and they are clearing out a lot of merchandise in our local stores. Mostly it is odds and ends of...
1
1

OSB or PT ply?
I am putting up a kit shed on a 2x6 PT framed platform. The kit includes a plastic floor. Can I cover the platform with OSB or do I need pressure treated ply? PS: Yes, my first instinct was to build...
10
10

New HF brands
Looks like HF is trying to upgrade. Anyone have any experience with the new marques? Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the...
1
1

For the person looking for a big jointer
It is a bit rusty but it is big https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tls/d/oliverpattermakers/6537971717.html
11
11

[SOLVED] spalting
is it possible to spalt wood the spalted wood i have seen is natural but looking at it it seems to just be wood that has mold growing in and on it guess there is really only one way to find out but...
18
18

work truck behind the scenes
for me it is hard to find a downside with this truck the price is high and hard for me to justify but all else is fine others will probably consider these high price but it is not beyond what the...

Colt tools?
I went to the Atlanta Woodworking Show yesterday and know, now, why I didn't bother last year. OTOH, I did see a turning demo by Colt. I'm not so interested in seeing what a master can do on a lathe...
2
2

timber tariffs
have not seen any mention of tariffs on timber products only aluminum and steel anyone here follow the timber flow thought i read here that usa exports timber to asia and then it comes back as...

Building Square Walls On New Construction Sill Plates
I have a use case where I want to build a wall on new construction. Inevitably, the foundation pours are not perfectly level. Over long runs, they can be off several inches. So, I want to build the...
87
87

Say Good Bye to the Hitachi Name
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/hitachi-power-tools-gets-a-new-name_o?&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632