Subject Author Posted Replies

Help - Radial Arm Dust Collecting Setup
Hello, I have an old Craftsman radial arm saw that I occasionally use for ripping big lumber. I would like to be able to hook it up to my Shop Vac vacuum for dust collection. However, this saw and all...
16
16

OT: Tweety turns 69 years old.
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view¤t=Tweety.jpg http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view

DROP BOX OR WHERE TO FIND PLANS FOR WORKTABLE?
I have worked on many tables of similar design and feel these legs are as strong as any 4x4 but a 4x4 is also fine. The caster mechanism seems a little flaky when you look at it but it is actually...
21
21

Latest Jewelry Box
You can get a look inside the drawers on my etsy site, though you can't really see the slides. The top two drawers the runners are just glued to the inside face of the carcass, with the edge beveled...
11
11

Getting the color of old pine panelling
thanks for all the input. Charles
15
15

Happy March 14th!!!!
Enjoy your steak and if you need further explanation, Google is your friend. jc
11
11

V-Grooving a panel.
I needed to make a couple of long mitre joints for a back-drop panel. So I marked pencil lines on both sides and opposite sides of the panel. I covered the lines with two layers of tape. The tape will...
16
16

review of Rockwell 12v drill
I recently purchased a Rockwell 12 volt drill, my first impression even before the purchase was the thought that it seemed a little on the cheaply made side. I paid a little too much for it, I was in...
4
4

A BORG Story
I walked into my local BORG, located a materials cart, and went to the sheet goods section to buy some 1/4" birch plywood and 1/4" MDF. I looked around for awhile and a young man came up and helpfully...
10
10

What have I done? (CNC related)
I needed a project. Me thinks it should be able to cut wood. It starts with moving 3000 kg of metal. Everything works, but needs a whole lot of TLC. (All I was after was the vacuum pump, but then I...
21
21

New Ridgid Tablesaw
... The diamond cleaves, not along a "fissure" but along the underlying crystal facets or planes. Granite is not a ductile material even as compared to cast iron. It has excellent compressive...
90
90

broken dehumidifier
I've a dehumidifier that's no longer doing it's job. I really don't know the inner workings, but is there a pump/compressor that could be used as a pump for veneering in there? It's a Goldstar, about...
2
2

microwave nightmare
OK, got a dead over-stove GE microwave in park model home. I got m/w trim stripped away and mounting screws are visilble coming inwardd from side/overhead cabinets. Problem is, I don't see screw heads...
14
14

OT: Harder than hardwood
A Craigslist ad for a free mattress: "Perhaps you like a firm sleeping surface, but are frowned upon for sleeping on the floor. Think you can't find anything harder than hardwood? Try this mattress!...
2
2

Inspiration--Steampunk Workshop
More brass than wood, but inspirational nonetheless. he's got a link to the RepRap which I had never heard of before--it's conceptually similar to that gadget that uses a laser to grow parts out of a...
7
7