Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help locating table lift
Some kind of a table lift, possibly scissor type. It's use will be for a model railroad layout. I want to slide it under a bed and when it's pulled out it can be raised to about table height kinda...
6
6

Building vacuum press for veneering
I've been looking around the archives here and have found some information and a couple of great websites about building a vacuum press for veneering. What I plan on doing is mostly smaller sized...
5
5

Homestead Finishing?
I just tried going to Jeff Jewitt's "Homestead Finishing" web site and I get a message saying "This Account Has Been Suspended". Does anyone know if Jeff is still in business?
4
4

New Crib Regulation?
There was a discussion here lately concerning the liability isues with high chairs, cribs, etc. I saw this today and thought I would pass it on. If anybody here wants to make a crib, it may be a good...
10
10

Riving knives/splitters and such
Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that someone had decided (all safety concerns duly noted) that they were never, ever going to use the blade guard/splitter assembly that came with their table...
19
19

What is it? Set 276
I need some help with three of them this week, including the clamp and the iron shoes: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
22
22

Cutting slot using router table
I know this is going to sound stupid, but my knowledge of a router is mostly limited to putting a fancy edge on plaques. I want to take a 30" length of 4" wide board and put a slot all the way through...
42
42

Table saw switch
The cord on the switch on my 40 year old Sears table saw has been run over one too many times and I decided to replace it. However when I took it apart to replace the cord I notice at some time...
9
9

My web site
I've made a few changes, there's still woodworking info, but I just stuck up a non-related slide show (stuck it up, like it was easy: frigging Picasa is as intuitive as bullfighting in your birthday...
25
25

Dripp Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop
Thank you. If you are interested, the 'very" top pieces are phonelic covered 14 layer birch plywood. The solid bottom piece is 11 ply birch plywood. the over all dimensions are 1.5" thick, and 16"x...
8
8

FS TS in NJ
Not mine but mightt be a good deal. Abit overpriced but thats what haggling is for. http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/1080191957.html

Delta Lathe for $1600 at Rockler Danvers MA
Hello, Just in case someone is in the area and may want a lathe. At the Rockler store that is closing they have a Delta Lathe I think it is the 46-755X model for $1600 dollars. It is a floor model. I...

Securing steps to deck
> or I only read the paragraph you cited but my guess is they are saying you can't rip a floor joist where the final dimension would be less than that as engineered and specified on the building plan
18
18

Stub Tenon for cabinet door?
If the panel is engineered (plywood/mdf/etc.) rather than solid wood then gluing the panel should be fine and will provide substantial additional strength. Chris
25
25

Jet JWP-16OS: 16" 3HP Planer
IMHO if the locks are snug they are not snug enough. They really should prevent this from happening. Anyway, I had a planer that had no locks at all that would "self adjust" during use. The fix was to...
1
1