Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Hey don't forget the Tax Tea Party
if you're not doing anything on tax day April 15 and want to express your disgust with our Federal Government Spending us into Oblivion, and want to be a part of a national movement sending a message...
3
3

O/T: Zipper
As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus. Slightly embarrassed and with a...
3
3

fixing stained wood
Put together panel door for shop cabinet. Is stained with an oil-based stain as a base, then a water-based stain on top. On one stile,noticed the planer had chipped out the wood, so now it has pockets...
15
15

If they had a domino, we'd all be speaking latin now
creek, az http://designblog.nzeldes.com/2009/04/roman-technology-rocks/regards http://designblog.nzeldes.com/2009/04/roman-technology-rocks/regards,charlie
3
3

Fixing Air Compressor Screwup
I have somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" of metal, I think, between the new drain hole and the existing threads. I have a customer service ticket in with Bostitch to see if they can inform me as to how...
29
29

Swing Glider Plans
Does anyone have a plan or a link to plans for the glider aspect of a swing or settee? I can make the swing or seat, but before attempting the glider aspect, I'd like to view some sort of plan for...
1
1

Old 55 - Eagles or Waits?
Regards, Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
9
9

Keeping Bark on a slab
True. But if it is an end table, he would need about $ 1K of CA to get it stable! There is a natural edged furniture guy I used to see from time to time, and he thinned out poly and put it into...
10
10

Router in Saw Table?
I've seen router lifts in saw tables and am considering pulling my lift out of my router table and dropping it into the saw's extension table. I could really use the floor space and as I see it the...
12
12

It's a Birdhouse,
At there is a picture of the most recent project to come out of my shop and it's very proud creator. The young gentleman in the photograph is a week short of his third birthday. He has been fascinated...
15
15

FYI Woodworking Show
Ontario Califonia Convention Center May 1-3 2009 For those who live in Southern California, Norm will be there promoting The New Yankee Workshop Sweepstakes. For a complete list of Exhibitors and...
4
4

Removing white stains from oak furniture
Hey, does anyone out there know how to remove white water and heat stains from oak furniture?? At one time I knew how to easily do this, but I seem to have forgotten. I would appreciate it if anyone...
8
8

OT? Kreg Rebate
Hello, I found this on the Kreg website and thought that it might be of interest to some here. FWIW, there's a $25 rebate on either their Precision Router Table System or their Klamp Table with stand....

OT - storm damage
Wow. Glad no one was hurt. Had a lightning strike a number of years ago -- hit the DirecTV dish and took out the TV, VCR, travelled through the phone line and took out the modem and printer but left...
19
19

Dulling a finish
A few minutes with some 000 or 0000 steel wool will knock the sheen right off. You would have been better off to leave the stone finish alone as it is meant to be a complete, high build, high solid...
11
11