Subject Author Posted Replies

Connecting shoppers with wood working craftsmen
We just launched a new web site to help promote craftsmen that work with wood. Promote your business, your products, even your web site. Best of all, a basic Home Page and State Listing is FREE for...

OT: Check out this video... Is it really a dead horse I'm beating?
5
5

OT Happy Easter
Happy Easter
42
42

Airless Sprayer
I've never owned an airless sprayer and never used one. I did see a painter shoot his arm full of thinners while cleaning one years ago and he had to go to the hospital, quickly. I have to paint the...
35
35

Source for 30 mm plastic T-moulding.
I'm fixing an old office desk and need to find a source for plastic T-mouding. Very similar to the lind of stuff seen on conference tables and office desk. Scott.
6
6

replace interior door knobs/locks
My house has the standard (for Texas anyway) fake panel doors with cheap Kwickset knobs/locks. They are now 12-13 years old and beginning to show some wear. I would like to repace them with something...
7
7

Mortise locks
My brother has 17 doors in his house that need mortise locks installed. He wishes to cut the mortises with the doors hanging. I would like to know if there is a cheap, simple way to bore for the...
22
22

Staining Boxwood... blotchy...?
Howdy, I am having some difficulty staining a small piece of boxwood (a violin chinrest.) I am using a Behlen NGR stain, but the results (when viewed from certain angles) are rather blotchy. Might...
2
2

1/2" panel in a 1/4" groove
I'm looking to make new cabinet doors and have a "how to" from Workbench Magazine. In the Shaker style, the plans call for a 1/4 slot in the middle of 3/4" stock (rails and styles) however the flat...
22
22

Shop Built Drum Sander Mk2 (slightly spammy)
I have the pages up now for the new version of my drum sander. I do have a couple of kits available for sale so I apologize for the slightly spammy nature of this post, but the plans are up there for...
31
31

What is it? Set 279
1585: lifting eye for sheet goods 1588: hammer and anvil designed to give a controlled blow to test the malleability of a metal sample. 1590: sheetmetal thickness guage basilisk
27
27

Advice on shaper cutters?
I am getting ready to tool up a shaper for pattern cutting. Edging chair legs, arched end-table spreaders, etc. I want to get a big cutter 3 or 4 inch diameter with a rub coller. I like the idea of...
1
1

Inexpensive tenon and dovetail saws
It looks like "Tools For Woodworking" is selling Pax and Gramercy saws. Both are sold sharpened. Some of the Gramercy's indicate they are a "hand-filed and hand-set saw for the smoothest action". saws...
18
18

Noise reducing headphones for hearing protection?
I have been using some earbuds for music and then some big earmuff style hearing protectors over them. I have been shopping for headphones and was wondering what the group thinks of using noise...
33
33

OT Don't read if you sre very very easily offended.
Newspaper 2029 HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2029 Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California . White...
38
38