Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly OT - Dripless Caulk Gun
While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new dripless caulk gun. I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. As it turns out, after...
5
5

King Mitre Saws
Hi folks, wondering if anyone has any experience with King mitre saws? Looking to add a 10" slider to the shop, have a makita cms that i love but can't justify the $ for the makita 10" slider, would...
7
7

Mixing cedar chips with ethanol --- trouble?
Hi, I guess the question is only marginally on-topic here, but I'm sure people here know more about the chemistry of the various woods than people in a chemistry newsgroup would know the practical...
30
30

Way OT -- brake fluid
I've got a 1952 MGTD. When I put her to bed last fall, the brakes were fine. Now the peddle goes down to the floor. First step is to add brake fluid, but I don't know what's in there now. Have seen...
21
21

Shill Bidding on eBay
I just wanted people to know that I recently ran across some shill bidding on eBay. I wanted a half-dozen old 1940's half dollars. Well, every time I bid, someone with the name e**r, i***i, d***d,...
11
11

What is it? Set 281
Might be another difficult set this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
21
21

Loft Bed
I need help and advice to make a loft bed, including a study table, book case, and all the necessity for my kid who will be moving out from the University's dorm to a rented room (24'X84') before...
8
8

New tool invention
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts and your vote to help me get funding. Go to see the video. Dragons’ Den is calling on all aspiring entrepreneurs to apply with...
60
60

nice sam maloof story on npr site
The legendary woodworker is known for his minimalist, handmade furniture. The son of immigrants from Lebanon, he has won a MacArthur "genius grant," and his work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian...

planer blades
Anyone have a good source for planer blades, specifically for the Dewalt 734 model? Lowe's charges $55, can be found on eBay for around $45, including shipping. Any after market stores that would be...
1
1

Battery Rebuild / Replacement EB12B Hitachi 12v Cordless Drill
Used to be someone in the group that hung out here that was a 3rd cousin to a friend of a guy that knew a fella that rebuilt battery packs for cordless tools. He still here...;-) My two old trusty...
8
8

Protecting Redwood from Sun
I plan to use Redwood for an outside bench. What is the best way to seal the wood to protect against UV rays from the Sun?
10
10

Beginner Question on Templates
Hi all, My wife bought me a sign making kit for Christmas and I have had a lot of fun making signs using the pre-made letters included in the kit. She also found a DVD that Jim Bartz narrated on the...
7
7

HTC Close Out Sale
FIY I was looking at the HTC web site looking for mobile bases. I learned that they have a close out sale going on and thought some of you might like to take a look. I personally bought 4 large...

Anyone out there have a Delta 11-090 Drill Press?
I'm looking to confirm a physical measurement from the machine that I can't get from the manual, parts drawings, etc... Must have micrometer handy or be skilled in using a caliper when measuring a...
11
11