Subject Author Posted Replies

Drawer stops
"Jim In FL" wrote in news:49fe3579$0$21113$ *snip* I've noticed quite a few pieces of furniture don't have stops. With rails at the top and bottom, the drawer won't start to tip until about 80% out....
17
17

What's Up with Iturra Design?
You guys hyped up this Iturra Design catalog for bandsaw accessories. I called a few weeks ago, spoke to a human, asked for a catalog and they took my name and address. Nothing in the mail. Is this...
19
19

Air Compressor Recommendations
Wow, I tried to search the group archives for compressor, and there were no results. Anyway, I've always wanted to get a compressor, but have yet to have a good enough reason to get one. I'll be...
28
28

O/T: The Cowboy!
From another list. Enjoy. Lew A successful rancher died and left everything to his devoted wife. She was a very good-looking woman and determined to keep the ranch, but knew very little about...

Cope or Not Cope Crown Molding
I agree. I think it would be pretty spiffy for that. But the downside for them is how many would they sell if it were marketed just to cabinet guys that made compound angle corners? Not many I would...
30
30

HD Sale
Hi, I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225 before tax. -Joe
12
12

rec.woodworking logo
Can someone explain why the group logo on Google is a basketball, a baseball and a baseball bat? The bat, of course, is wood, but making bats does not seem to be something that members of this group...
8
8

Cordless finish nailer -- straight or angled?
In my opinion the angled nailer is worth the extra cost. It isn't just corners. There are occasions when small obstructions in otherwise open spaces make it difficult to use the straight magazine...
15
15

Reminder Woodworkers Show in Ontario CA Today and Tomorrow
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/
4
4

Kubesttol size?
Sorry about the spelling, but are there any "standards" more or less for the Norwiegan chair that's carved from a (usually basswood) log called a Kubesttol? I went out to the woods yesterday and sawed...

Alien Abduction Help
And I thought he was going to offer a solution to illegal aliens.... John
8
8

Dowel not fitting in Cam
Have a desk that the Dowel is not holding in the Cam, with some knockdown fittings. When the dowel inserts into the cam should it turn 180 degrees? The cam is only turning 90 degrees so that the dowel...
2
2

Mod for DW621 Router?
I have a DeWalt DW621 router that is about 6 years old. Not as variable speed model. I have become increasingly unhappy with it. I never did like having the plunge lock work by twisting the handle....
1
1

building a wooden computer table
Hi, I'm thinking of building a wooden computer table, probably out of teak or similar wood. I'm in Bombay, India. Wooden tables over here are manufactured so that there is a sort of frame on which the...
5
5

Enclosing a Pole Barn with Rough Lumber
I have a pole barn I want to enclose for security and equipment protection from the elements and would appreciate input from knowledgeable members of the rec-woodworking community. 1) I plan to use...
5
5