Subject Author Posted Replies

Hidden hinge problem
I've got a box framed mirror mounted on the wall. Its about 14" wide by 60" tall. I'd like to add some hinges along one side so instead of being hung on hooks (like a picture) it can be swung open...
18
18

Edgetech Disc sand for TS
Has anyone used one of these? I was helping a buddy this weekend and he showed me a video of a guy using one, but I can't find much info - this is about it... This really seems like a superior way to...
22
22

blotching in hydrocote finish
I have been trying to finish a couple or doors. Something went wrong in th e finish product (I think). Can anybody spot my mistake so I can complete the job? I should add that this technique worked...
3
3

Wax over stain on oak?
I've just applied a second coat of Minwax Golden Oak stain on new red oak, and I'm delighted with the results. In order to protect the finish, does the assembled wisdom suggest a rub down with...
18
18

another good reason for sharp tools
was just removing some very small end grain bumps chisel caught and then released at an unexpected angle the finger cut was deep and took a while before it bled but it was a super fine and clean cut...
2
2

Lathes
I was running a lathe at work. I was working on a steel pipe, my job was to cut a 30 degree bevel on one end. The whole chuck came off with the pipe still locked in place. It hit me in the left...
6
6

nautical look
best rope for that nautical look should last a long time and can be wound tightly and have great hloding power hemp sisal or some other type the rough look is good but should be less than half inch...
1
1

Wire wheel arbor stand
One of the most valuable tools in my shop, is an arbor with a wire wheel on one side and a coarse grind stone on the other. (sorry, but I am trying to explain this without pictures). Currently, the...
16
16

Paging Leon and Other Domino Users!
The more tenon joinery I do the more I realize how tedious it all is and how long it takes to set up and actually construct the joints. I mean, from a woodworker's standpoint, the process is rewarding...
19
19

Cool Cabinet
Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but uncertain. How would you do it?
5
5

Glue Up Table And Bungee Assisted Cauls
This guy made glue up table and bungee assisted cauls for gluing up panels. (The "table" is 2 pieces of slotted sheet goods that he can put on top of his workbench when needed) One end of each caul...
7
7

plastic hf toolboxes
anyone tried any of the plastic hf toolboxes uv stability is important and is disappointing to discover down the road to be not as advertised maybe i should just use some natural material and make one...
39
39

A quick "heads up"
If anyone needs a nice little drill that will do 90% of daily work chores, Ridgid has a stupid cheap drill on sale. The total price is cheaper than t he console by itself, the battery by itself, or...
7
7

Another Custom Baby Gate In the Works
I'm building another custom baby gate to match another clients staircase, again. They are actually good friends of mine. This one will be different as it will not be hinge mounted. It will be similar...
30
30

Clamp storage
I have a lot of the wrap around clamps that consist of a threaded rod, with corner block. The clamp is then assembled so that it goes around the rectangle object. The rods area about 3/8" and 30"...
10
10