Subject Author Posted Replies

Cypress For Outdoor Furniture?
Most outdoor/patio furniture I've seen is made from either pressure treated lumber or teak. The local fine lumber store suggested I try cypress for constructing end tables and such for the back yard....
21
21

O/T What's for Supper?
A sampling of the old south tonight, fried chicken and a mixture of mustard and turnip greens, polk salad and smoked ham hocks. Gourmet is great but it doesn't get any better than this. basilisk
10
10

O/T: Flash: Mud Bugs Sighted
Flash: Dateline: Huntington Beach, Ca Mud bugs have been sighted in Huntington Beach. Let me repeat: Mud bugs have been sighted in Huntington Beach. For those not familiar, H/B is in Orange County,...
3
3

Used Trend T9E -Query
Hi all. I've seen a Trend T9E 1800W 1/2" router in a nearby 2nd hand shop. The guy behind the counter doesn't know much anything about routers and it seems to have no box or edge guide with it. It has...
1
1

Do I want a new square ?
I've been debating purchasing a 12" Machinist's Square. Would be awfully nice to be able to quickly verify some of my tool setups by checking, let's say for example, a 12" plus crosscut off my sled or...
37
37

Fence for Miter saw station?
Anyone using an after market aluminum fence on their miter saw station? I've seen a few advertised in magazines. I'm going to start planning mine and wondered if it's better to make my own fence or...
18
18

Plans, or where to find them?
Hello, I've been a bit of lurker in this forum for some time and haven't checked in for awhile. I've given myself a project to make for my soon-to-arrive son. I have seen a few rocking motorcyles...
3
3

WOT: Gun Buy Outs
A week or so ago, a few Lynchburg churches got together with the cops, and decided to buy any illegal guns that were brought in, no questions asked, amnesty offered and all that truck. The stated and...
124
124

Civil War Stuff .. again ..
Hey Ed .. .. I've got about 85% of the file and it should be finished in a few hours .. do you have/use either Skype or an FTP Client program ?? Skype allows file transfers of any size .. and if you...

Question re: antique bench drill
Below is the link to a photo of a simple little drill press which I inherited. It was my dad's and part of an outfit of which the main element was a small Goodell-Pratt metal lathe. I think he...
6
6

Thoughts about Sycamore?
Hey Folks, (And Happy Mother's Day to anyone who this applies to) I came across some really nice looking Sycamore slabs from a local lumber supplier and was thinking about building a desk using it as...
13
13

Pushing a router bit to the breaking point
... actually past the breaking point. 1/4" straight carbide bit (Craftsman), kinda long (more than 3/4"), being used to cut a slot in 3/4" pine, using my old Craftsman router (1/4", old-fashioned...
25
25

HELP!: Thunk, thunk, thunk....
Huh. Mounted my sanding disc to my table saw yesterday to ease the edges of some 1/4" thick mounting brackets for a new top for my mobile workbench. Started up the saw, everything sounded/seemed fine....
13
13

RE: Cudos to NYW
Had a rerun of the show where Norm built a mantle for his house. Basically a lesson in how to go about trimming out something including using stock moldings and/or making custom shapes from oversize...
15
15

PVC exterior trim
Does anyone have experience with this stuff? I've got some rotting trimwork that needs replacing, and I'm considering using this stuff. Thanks.
3
3