Subject Author Posted Replies

Applying tape edges to plywood
I am attempting to finish the edges of some plywood with birch strips coated with heat sensitive glue. I used an old steam iron at maximum temperature (linen) and without steam, and moved the iron...
5
5

Ping - Morris... web page 3D solution?
You mentioned 3D modeling for your web pages once before. This may be something you want to check out: ... Die persönliche Internetseite des Gestalters und Entwicklers, Finn Rudolph.
7
7

What is it? Set 284
More photos have been posted on the web site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

drill bit
sir ,we can provide carbide products for you Our company specializes in producing brazed tips, indexable inserts and shims, mining buttons and inserts, drawing dies, wear-resistant and...

Jointer Question
I have a general 8" Jointer. When I joint long pieces of wood the machine cuts the first few inches and not the rest of the piece. With multiple passes it continues to take off material but only at...
5
5

woodworking outside
Is it a good idea to set up and do woodworking in the back yard as opposed to in a garage? It's really the only option I have, since my garage is very small, has no windows, and no electricity.
25
25

How to Remove a Splinter
It's my guess most of us have tweezers in the shop. Here's 5 ways to remove a splinter... Splinters are often small, but they can still be quite painful. Splinters can also be difficult to remove. If...
15
15

Harbor Freight Multi-tool Video Demonstration
I picked up the HF multi-tool for 35 bucks and made this video demonstrating the cutters and scraper. Plus, I push my finger and hand against the blades to show that it doesn't cut the skin. I thought...
28
28

shop lighting again
I know that this subject has been beaten to death but I have a question and would like opinions. I have in my shop about 14 2 tube 4 foot fixtures of the shop type from Lowes. They are getting up to...
16
16

OT Health Care
I'm just curious about the health care systems in Canada & Great Britain. They are currently running TV ads here in the States saying that Canadians and Brits are refused certain health care or have...
76
76

European Beech turning blank source?
Looking for a source for european beech turning blank (I'm in U.S.) 2"x2". Tried searching online, but have been unable to track down a source. Anyone have a suggestion? jeff
6
6

Cabinet hinges
OK, I am getting along on my kitchen project and are now up to hanging door on the bottom cabinets. These are face frame units with a 1" overlay. I bought a handful of Blum 39C 1 INCH OVERLAY...
11
11

Turned wooden plates
I'm a pyrographer and I'm looking to purchase unfinished wooden plates to decorate with my art in the UK I use craft supplies and Dalescraft but was looking for other suppliers. Regards Bob Smith
3
3

OT: Colbert Explains Hannity's "Liberty Tree" Video
These right-wingers are going off the deep end. Hannity has the mind of a seventh grader. Video near the bottom of the page.
65
65

O/T: What's Your Name?
A woman scanned the guests at a party and spotted an attractive man standing alone. She approached him. 'My name is Carmen,' she told him. 'That's a beautiful name,' he replied. 'Is it a family name?'...
1
1