Subject Author Posted Replies

Porter-Cable nailer repair?
I lent my FR350 to a friend who proceeded to jam it up, and then 'repair' it. The gun was not old at all, and worked well untill then. He took the magazine apart and wasn't able to reassemble it. Even...
4
4

A GLOAT of note, by ALL standards ...
the hell I put my parents through. But, when you get rewarded with success like this, it makes me wonder what I missed. Congratulations. You have every right to be proud. Dave
48
48

easy woodworking as a side business
So the article is probably just ill-informed fluff. I can believe that.
15
15

bosch 1613 evs router
I have used my bosch 1613 evs plunge router in a table for about 12 years. Today, I noticed that the bit was dropping when I turned on the router. The lock is not holding. Has anyone ever had this...
6
6

Removing paper pattern
I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable school glue, I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?)...
9
9

Greeting from Southern Ilinios
The eighth of May was a windy day in the area (100 mph for a hour or so). The imposed a lack of electricity which lasted 7 days and 6 hours. I was home all alone, wandering back and forth in the house...
13
13

Setting the reveal on inset drawers
Hello everyone, I just finished my first crack at drawers using blind dovetails. My problem is I have too much reveal on the top and was wondering if anyone knew how or what I can do to split the...
5
5

Funny feeling in hands after "odorless mineral spirits"
I thought that woodworkers would have more experience with this sort of thing. I had to wash some parts in odorless mineral spirits (which is not really odorless). I mostly used my right hand to grap...
17
17

Compressor recomendations?
Greetings All, I have a nice little Delta 2 gal compressor that was included as a freebie with my Unisaw a few years ago. Great little tool, what I like most is that it's relavively quiet for the work...
1
1

More re newest Grizzly riving-knife saws, same as some Lagunas
Please forgive me if this is old news, I did not see any posting about it... I just noticed in a magazine ad that the new Laguna Platinum Series table saw appears to be exactly the same as the Grizzly...
1
1

Deck railing advice needed
Long time reader, first time poster, so forgive me if it's the wrong newsgroup to post in, but I'm looking for some advice to install a continuous top rail on my deck without screwing it from the top,...
9
9

handsaw storage - decent tip
Not a bad idea. I'm a little leery because the teeth are facing out and reaching for a different tool... Woodsmith Tip: Handsaw Rack
25
25

good news
Posted on Fri, May. 15, 2009 George Trout is master woodworking teacher By Art Carey Inquirer Staff Writer At Springfield High School in Delaware County, the expression they use is, "I'm going to...
4
4

Not sure I trust these guys...
Look at the drawing of this saw carefully... posted ABPW too. http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/woodworking/slide_presentation/slide01.html
34
34

Removing Stain From Birch
Have used the wrong color stain on a window valance, used Minwax Provincial and should have been Red Oak. What is the easiest way to remove the stain and get to bare wood again. Thanks. Vic
2
2