Subject Author Posted Replies

RIP Sam Maloof
Died on 21 May aged 93 We've lost another of the great ones Ralph
22
22

Upgrade to Quick Release on My Jet Bandsaw
If you saw my other bandsaw video, you saw the first attempt at a quick release. Here's a much nicer version and it works great. bandsaw, band saw, quick release, bandsaw quick release

Two Tool Recommendations-- Life Savers
Last week, I played mechanic and had to replace an oil pan gasket on our 99 Ford Taurus with 160k+ miles. This required the removal of the exhaust pipes from the manifold flanges. Anyone who's...
11
11

Frank Lloyd Wright Easy Chair (Morris -ish)
J. Clarke wrote:
22
22

Round table from one big plank - how big?
So I've got one big plank of walnut out of which I'd like to make a round table. I've determined that since the plank is 12x96 I have 1152 square inches of area, which equates to just over a 38"...
20
20

Teddy K
The news is Teddy K has won his battle with the big "C". Having been there for a different version of his affliction, life is more important than political views and past transgressions. Even though I...
10
10

Re: Gil-Bilt Kits
I built the 12" band saw - used it for years. It wasn't the best, but it worked. Then I was working on the table that it was mounted on and it got knocked down and broke the saw table loose from the...
1
1

DECK SCREW SIZES?
What sizes of deck screws are there? What size do I need to attach doubled 2x4 legs to the top perimeter of a 4x8' work table using 2x4s as the perimeter? Thanks j/b
16
16

Scam Or Real??
Your right nothing at all, what I am doing is sorta profileing these people from thier letter. I may be wrong and they may turn out to be the best customers I have or ever will have. However If it...
33
33

The Worlds largest online store for Nordfab Ducting.
Finnaly a one stop shopping for our industrial ducting needs. I highly reccomend checking out this site I found in Cabinetmaker magasize this month. The website offer free shipping on all Nordfab...

Hand Saw Handles
Hi, All, I just picked up a Diston hand saw, about 16 inches long at a pawn shop. $4 with a cracked handle, and dull as a butter knife. I can fix the sharpness, and since the handle was a tad too...
19
19

The gloat that got away
Someone in Tallahassee is gloating their socks off this morning. Around 10am yesterday someone posted one of these: craigslist for free. Just pick it up and take it away and it's yours. About 3.5...
8
8

What is it? Set 285
1624 Citroen is lemon, IIRC, so it's probably for squeezing lemon juice onto the fish. R
22
22

It Could have Happened This Way.
Leon, What the heck are you talking about ???? I don't have a tool box or ladder you must have me confused with someone else. George C.
5
5

Making a tricky cut with a table saw
Reposted from I'm trying to make a couple of folding sawhorses. My own design. :-) (like there's not enough different sawhorses already.) Two 36" 2x4's for the top, fastened together along the bottom...
4
4