Subject Author Posted Replies

Toolmakers Cabinets Question
Help required I have a Union Toolmakers Cabinet and I need some new Drawer Knobs for it. These are the Aluminum ones with a white plastic disc that hides the screw. Does anyone know where these can be...

What is it? Set 286
Another fast week, it's Thursday already! The current set can be seen here: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

Suggestions to improve my swing set frame design
I am going to build a swing set for the kids. I want 4 spots for swings with ample room. I am working with 2 different books on swing set design. My frame will be 2 vertical 4x4 posts that sandwich my...
17
17

failed glue joints-help needed
i have a table in which the glue joints on the large through tenons have failed. the table is now wobbly and I would like to reglue the failed joints. Is there a way to do this without busting the...
17
17

10" SCMS reccomendations
I'm in the market for a 10" sliding compound miter saw. Reviews on the web tend to favor the Bosch 4410L, then the Makita, then Hitachi and Ridgid. Does anyone out there have comparative exprience,...
5
5

Drilling a Hole
I'm not a handyman, and have no interest in dismembering and carving up our arboreal relatives. However, I do now have occasion to drill a hole in a piece of wood, and went to buy an appropriate...
17
17

Ryobi belt sander repair
I have a Ryobi belt sander that I used a lot, then it spent a couple of years on a shelf. Now it does not run at all, nothing happens with I press the switch. My question is what is the most likely...
22
22

Mailbox Cover Roof
I've got a mailbox that's covered by a little house. The roof has started to rot out, and I'm looking at my options to replace it. The plywood below the roof is intact, so replacing the wood strips...
18
18

O/T: Next Year Uh- Oh!
Enjoy Lew ======================================= 2007 - Chinese year of the Chicken - Bird Flu Pandemic devastates parts of Asia. 2008 - Chinese year of the Horse - Equine Influenza decimates...
9
9

Water vs Solvent poly
I have an interior door that is finished with water based poly. I no longer use water based poly in favor of solvent based poly. The other day while doing some plumbing I splattered some hot solder on...
1
1

Caught in SU/hardware limbo
Dang. You ppl got me all pumped up about SU, so I tried to run it on Linux. Problem is, my video card is so ancient, the retro Linux drivers Matrox created for it stopped at a major X developement...
3
3

OT: Best birfday gift EVAR!
Angela bought me two tickets to a concert for my birfday, a month ago. Sunday night we went to see Leonard Cohen in London. ON. I have attended many concerts in my life, this one knocked the wind out...
28
28

anyone know where I can find a 3-0 x 9-0 walnut door? or walnut veneer in 9 ft or greater lengths?
I need to make some solid core walnut slab doors 3-0 by 9-0 to match some existing doors (width is 1 3/4" by the way). I couldn't find anyone who sells a solid core walnut slab door or solid core door...
7
7

Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts
I have the jig, an excellent router, sharp bits, and tighten the clamps. The results are inconsistent, gaps in joints on one drawer, great on the next. Gave up on the last batch of drawers and used a...
47
47

Advice - Building Your Retirement Home
For those considering contracting and especially finishing your eventual retirement house; two pieces of advice: 1) Get it done before the Itus brothers show up on your doorstep...Art Itus, Burts...
2
2