Subject Author Posted Replies

Stain with Poly
We are finishing an open stair rail around our basement stairs. The wood scheme in our new home is dark red oak vs natural finished oak flooring. Provides a very nice contrast. The rail in in a...
3
3

Using Grain
There is an article In the latest issue of FWW about "using the grain" in lumber. I have not read the entire article because it disturbed me. Most of the time when I buy my lumber I am most concerned...
29
29

OT The dirrection of the American automakers in the next 4 years.
The car of your future! Words and video: iowahawk.typepad.com Sound from Officer Vic, KSFO San Francisco
22
22

New Tool
Hello fellow woodworkers, I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot repeating ruler printed on clear...
72
72

SU7 and tolerances
OK, I got use of a computer with XP and have been learning SU7. Pretty cool. As a kid, I worked just long enough as a carpenter to be dangerous, but not to read blueprints. Now I'm trying to create...
6
6

Hitachi C10FCE2 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw for $80
has this for $99.99 with free shipping and a $20 rebate. link: Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name. | 15 Amp motor, intense power for the toughest...
3
3

Noise cancelling head gear for the shop?
I've been thinking about getting some noise canceling headphones for the shop and while I'm out on the tractor, might be good when my sister in law is around also. What do you guys use? Thanks, cm
9
9

OT Grim if true.
I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the Phoenix area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses. grim if true. cm
11
11

Entertainment Center
I'm working on building a simple entertainment center, and would like some advice. The sides and back are to be 1/2" red oak plywood, and there will be three shelves the width and depth of the...
24
24

Update: Modified Bed Design
Ok, I incorporated a few ideas from last time in the latest update of my bed (cherry) project. I designed the curve from the slats into lower footboard rail. The footboard and headboard cap will have...
7
7

Rob H
Where are you?????? Jerry
3
3

? Name this molding profile ?
basilisk
12
12

RE: Wine Barrels
Huell Howser had a very interesting program on the local PBS station about company in Northern California that recyces old white oak wine barrels into other products. Some might find it interesting.
4
4

What is it? Set 287
Looks like I spoke too soon about the 100th collaboration with Neatorama, due to a request by Alex it will not occur until next week. http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
10
10

Gloat?
UPS rang the door bell and left. Upon opening the front door and hearing the truck drive off I spied a medium sized box setting on my porch and brought it inside the house. From Robert Bosch. I...
15
15