Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 290
I need some assistance identifying two of them this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
38

New Laser Guided Saw
nail more often.
21

X5 UNI
Does anyone know if the final incarnation of the old-style X5 UNI Saws were of US manufacture? Thanks Mike O.
4
4

What's the deal with this crappy plywood, these days?!
This is the the second time I've bought 13 ply birch plywood that is NOT square, NOT straight, and over-sized. It used to be a given that you could count on plywood having perfectly straight edges,...
18
18

Glueing Paduck
I need to glue two pices of Paduck about 2" x 2" Is the first time I ever used such whood and it feels "waxy" or "fat" to the touch. I wander if regular carpenter glue works. Any experience? Should I...
8
8

Sharpening Service in Toronto?
I don't have a table saw, however, my CMS blade has been sharpened by a guy in a blue truck that comes down the street ringing a bell. Blade worked very well afterwards, also did my push lawnmower....
2
2

ShopVac as dust collector
How good of a "dust collection" solution is a 16 gallon "Shop Vac" (appropriately adapted from 2.5" to 4") with a good filter for a table saw (for a hobbyist)? Basically adequate? Thank you, Bill
35
35

O/T: Whole Body Donation
Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation". What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who over the...
11
11

Shallow Template Bit for Router
I am very surpised that I can't seem to find this bit I'm looking for a template bit for my router, where the bearing is on the router side of the cutter, and the cutter is less than 1/2" deep I have...
11
11

graph paper
I have a wood chair project I have plans for. two of the pieces have curves and double back. about 3 ft long. the plans show the cutout lines on a graph about one inch squares. where to I get that...
18
18

PRO ACCESS FLOORS
PRO ACCESS FLOORS [ Url:- ] PRO ACCESS FLOORS has provided a comprehensive line of Computer Floor and Raised Access Floor Products and Services to the Computer Industry since 1975. Pro Access Floors...

Off Topic: Somali Pirate Takedown
There was some discussion on this group about the rescue by USN Seals of the skipper kidnapped by Somali pirates. There is a TV program called Somali Pirate Takedown playing tonight on the military...
14
14

O/T: If the Shoe Fits
There is some relevance here someplace. Lew ======================================= My 1 day employment So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less...
1
1

Creating a cut diagram program
I thought I would write a program that creates cut diagrams similar to the free & commercial products out there as a side project, and I'm trying to figure out a set of common rules to use when laying...
24
24

Casket Furniture
My wife saw this story and showed it to me. Interesting story and furniture concept. A father and son success story. Here is the original story I saw. this is their company website. warned. There is a...