Subject Author Posted Replies

Amber Colored Mineral Spirits (Used)
I've been using this '1/8" method' to clean the brushes I use for oil based primer. The primer is Zinsser Cover Stain, just white, no tint. I collect the used mineral spirits in a jar and let the...
4
4

Ping nailshooter41 regarding floor molding
Robert, I did as you directed Used MDF molding for flexibility, It hugged the wall tightly on its own. Used Painters caulk as you suggested, a dollop every foot of so on the backside of the molding....
3
3

center finder
finding the center for dowels and other round things is not that common for me but i am making a center finder to do so the frame is wood but am deciding on either metal or plexi for the cross piece...
9
9

switches with lock to on ability
many homeowner style power tools have the ability to lock the tool in the on position and most if not all real pro tools do not have lock to on ability seems to me that is the opposite but really that...
4
4

Labor of love not $
Here's a basket case piece Before After This piece from an attic one of a kind Hand made Propbably 100 yrs. old. Maybe a thousand pieces with at least a couple hundred missing. Some were in the...
14
14

hf chainsaw recall
just fyi with no drama portland one stop gardens chicago electric 67255 61592 https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/Electric-Chainsaw-67255-61592-Recall.pdf

Ping Mike, Burnt Wood
Hey Mike, I do not know if this might be less expensive but 32 linear feet of 1x8 in a 4 pack does not seem too bad. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/42146863022/in/dateposted-public/
4
4

Bandsaw Table Insert
I snapped the plastic insert in the table of my Rigid upright bandsaw the other day. I can make one out of aluminum easily enough. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to make it "better."
1
1

The Burnt Cabinet & Shelves Installed
Here they are installed at my buddy's pub. They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top. I did a pretty good job...
4
4

Table Saw Router Insert Makes Life So Easy
I shared the pics of the router table extension I made for my table saw several years back. But I never realized how convenient this is until having to do some router work without it, a few weeks ago....
10
10

HF ouch
Another reason to be careful at HF Harbor Freight Tools is recalling two models of 14-inch chain saws sold under three brands including Portland, One Stop Gardens and Chicago Electric.
8
8

steam bending plywood
was looking at some objects made from steam bended ply just realized that they had to havve bent that when they glued the plys together far as i know ply will come undone if you steam it and not...
3
3

What's Wrong With My Sand Blaster?
IIRC sand blast stations recycle the media over and over again.
11
11

used lumber
Having seen some of those fences up close while bicycle touring through the Rockies I suspect that they were made with a utility grade of wood. They've also been subjected to a lot of weather... If...
17
17

those scraps
an idea for those scraps that are not firewood and you just know are useful for something headphone stand saw a bent ply headphone stand for almost twoo hundred dollars the style depends on the scraps...
3
3