Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story
What edition? Mine is the 15th, purchased in 1955, and I still use it infrequently. Lew Lew
47
47

Kilz Latex Primer - Holdout On Tannin And Knots
I'm getting ready to make some pilasters for the fence. Going to use cedar S1S2E and the grade includes some knots. Acrylic paint finish. I've done similar things in the past and used solvent based...
16
16

OT: Unsatisfying Dryer Repair Question
Go to throw some clothes in the dryer to tumble some wrinkles out. Turn dial and press Start button. Nothing. Huh? Yah, it was making noise before but it didn't seem to be straining and quickly...
5
5

Update on end table project
It's about time to demonstrate that I am still doing some woodworking. The end table carcases are pretty much complete (they are not glued up in the pictures shown, but are dry fit to allow me to fit...
8
8

unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upper elevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...
just got this thing, used. got it about a year ago, actually, but just now getting around to setting it up to USE it. put on a brand new 10 inch blade, but, when I crank the elevation knob ALL the way...
34
34

O/T: Horses And Drinking Water
The following appeared in my old home town newspaper. Sort of puts thing in perspective. Enjoy Lew ====================================== Horses can get water again in Wooster By BRYAN SCHAAF Staff...
6
6

O/T: Anger Management
Enjoy Lew ===================================== Husband says: When I get mad at you,you never fight back. How do you control your anger? Wife says: I clean the toilet... Husband says: How does that...

Off Topic: Roller Babies
This is the new evian bottled water commercial that uses babies in a whole new way.

Woodworking Co-op (Santa Monica)
A group of us in the Santa Monica area (recreational woodworkers) are trying to start a cooperative, where people in the community (after safety training) can come in and work on their own projects...
4
4

OT: Just Because I Was Listening To It
When I get off of this mountain, you know where I want to go? Straight down the Mississippi river, to the Gulf of Mexico To Lake Charles, Louisiana, little Bessie, girl that I once knew She told me...
6
6

"Dusting The Screws"
I was affixing a brass plaque the other day and, as is my practice when installing hardware with slotted screws, I "dusted" them. To me, this means that the slots are vertical and that they all match....
40
40

Cheap Sawmill?
Every now and then, something unusual, on these kinds of sites, catches one's eye. http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/Sonny
3
3

What is it? Set 292
I need some help with the last one in this set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

Woodchuck in chestnut tree
Stuck! Posted photos to ABPW. Took him about 5 minutes to free himself from the tree in my yard...
2
2

Stickley Craftmanship?
I just came back from my local Stickley store here in High Point. I like looking at their stuff for inspiration and to drool. I was careful to inspect the joinery for gaps and noticed quite a few....
6
6