Subject Author Posted Replies

Work bench vise
I am considering building a new work bench and wanted to know what advantages there are to mounting a vise out side the legs vs. having the legs closer to the ends of the vise. I plan to have the vise...
22
22

Parallel Jaw Clamps
After battling with a panel glue-up for way too long this afternoon, I've decided to mortgage my firstborn and get some parallel jaw clamps. There's several different brands, and I'm asking you guys...
20
20

source for black border inlay
Does anyone know of a source for border inlay? I need some black strips, 1/8" x 1/8", any length, preferably 36" or so. I have previously purchased these from Dover Inlays, but they are now out of...
3
3

TS blade problem
I have a Delta hybrid TS and recently discovered I can't fully lower the blade. At the lowest point, it's about 1/8 of an inch above the insert. I removed the blade but couldn't find anything blocking...
1
1

Cutting half laps with a dado blade?
I'm looking for tips on cutting half laps with a dado blade on my table saw. The saw lives in a friend's garage and I haven't installed the rails and fence because I don't need them for the outdoor...
50
50

Sweet deal on Sugar Maple
I'm a habitual peruser of the local swap sheets and Craigslist and just picked up 325 bdft. of hard maple for $292.50. That'll make a couple small side jobs a bit more profitable. It's really very...
1
1

Should be shot...
It's been awful quiet here lately. Don't know if it's the summer thing and everybody is off doing something else, but the silence is deafening. I should be shot for saying it, but even the political...
7
7

Cherry at Rockler in Houston
It went on sale for $2.99 per BF this morning, I estimate thay had a stack 9' x 32" x 48" or about 1000 BF I bought about 5 boards, 21 BF. Most all of it looked pretty good for S2S and appears to be...
9
9

TS
. The one with the best value will be the one that cuts the most accurately, effeciently and easy to use regardless of what kind of casters it has. A saw that is a PIA to use but easy to roll around...
16
16

Shopsmith storage
Prior to my fathers passing he was putting together a stand, or storage shelf kind of thing to hold many of the Shopsmith accessories, band saw, belt sander etc. He was not able to finish it, and I,...
5
5

OT: Moon The Balloon
We are a fun bunch here in Sarnia, Ontario...and *I* am NOT going to disclose the name of the driving force behind this plan. Sarnia residents are planning a cheeky protest against an American...
4
4

Kitchenware for Tool Freaks
For Tim the toolman Taylor kitchenware, go to... http://www.wrenchwareinc.com/index.php==
4
4

OT: Build A Mobile Bar - BaR2D2
Hey, it's made out of wood!!! http://www.instructables.com/id/Build_A_Mobile_Bar_BaR2D2/

O/T: Would You Remarry?
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------- A husband and wife are sitting quietly bed reading when the wife looks over at him and asks THE QUESTION......? WIFE: "What would you...
2
2

RE: Another Neat Idea
Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools
10
10