Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Hummer: The Blond Mortician
A little uplifting humor: A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit. The female blond mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would...
3
3

How to control/reduce speed of drill press
I've got a Delta 12" drill press (11-990) with a min speed of 620 rpm. I've got a 3 1/2" hole saw that I want to use in the drill press, but it's max speed is 140 rpm. I've called Delta and they don't...
39
39

O/T: MFWIC
Next time you make contact with a business, ask the question: Who is the MFWIC? In some situations, a person may announce over the P/A system, "Do we have a MFWIC on duty today?, or something similar....
8
8

Where Can I find a Wood Inlay AMerican Eagle and and unfinished Pistol Case?
Anybody know where I can find a wood pistol case for a .36 model Navy Colt pistol and an American Eagle wood inlay? About thirty five years ago I bought a mid grade wood case for the pistol and two...

O/T: Elder Humor
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------- Two old guys were chatting.....One said to the other: "My 85th birthday was wife gave me an SUV". Other guy responded: "Wow, that's...

Re: Ebonizing Wood - Article by Brian Boggs
Very cool. Great sounding technique. Thanks. BTW, the link is missign an 's' should be Hmmmm.... made an earlier post saying Thanks for catching my error on Brian's web site address but it hasn't...

Aluminum Edge Banding/ T-Moldings
I manufacture kitchen cabinets and have an issue. A customer is requesting an aluminum edge banding. They want it somewhere from 1-3 mil. they suggeted using an aluminum T-Molding. I don't have the...
12
12

OT: Crazy Hummingbirds - Part II
I posted a few weeks ago about a hummingbird that was entering our garage shop in the evenings while we were working. Table saws, routers and other equipment have no apparent effect on it. He spends...
15
15

Has anyone used the Rockler Router Lift FX
Hello, I am in need of a router lift and really don't have the $300 to spend. I was looking at the Rockler FX, they have it for $150 right now. Has anyone used one of these? Does anyone know if it is...
2
2

Best way to cut vertical slots through round posts?
A friend wants to build a fence using round, 6" diam cedar posts and 1" x 6" pine or spruce boards. He wants to cut slots through the center of the posts (3 slots) that are just large enough to slide...
42
42

DeWalt 735 planer
I have been thinking about replacing my portable 12" planer. Reading reviews of the Dewalt 735. One reviewer claims he liked everything but the blades which he claims are so thin that they dull almost...
45
45

OT Humor: When Insults Had Class.... (an OBG)
In this day of mis- and dis- information and slurs of all kinds, I give you a "kinder and gentler world": An exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor. She said, "Sir you are drunk." He said, "Madam,...
20
20

Check out my seat ... Adirondack chairs ;^)
OK, not nearly so sweet at GarageWoodWorks chest and not such a catchy (misleading) title, but maybe some interest from the group. See them at This is rustic work, not fine furniture. I built these...
3
3

Humor: On topic
Artifacts are a major portion of an Indian reservation's economy. Annually, thousands of tourists visit reservations and most will not leave without purchasing at least one memento of the traditional...
6
6

Sensitized to formaldehyde/need workbench
I learned a new word this week. Not only am I allergic to formaldehyde, but I'm "sensitized" to it--which means it doesn't take that much to get a reaction from my immune system. I can't even tolerate...
83
83