Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Metric
You could have saved us all a lot time by posting that right away, Steve.

Re: Metric
I don't understand. The relationship between calorie and joule isn't a feature of SI. It's a conversion between two different systems.
17
17

Re: Metric
What a lot of contributors here at Wreck are missing is the OP's (me) original post. Practically the whole world runs on metric. Why not the USA? Is it because the extreme Right is so nationalistic as...
8
8

Re: Metric
Fully aerodynamic body. Front-wheel drive, Oil over air fully adjustable suspension. Crumple zones, collapsable steering wheel, constant velocity transmission, steerable headlights, elevated rear-...
1
1

What is it? Set 301
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
36
36

Re: Metric
So, the 95% or so of the world's population who would say 90cm are not real people???? Luigi

Re: Metric
Hmm? TGV, Exocet, Pont de Millau, efficient and inexpensive nuclear power, Rafale, etc., for very recent examples. You can go back to French leadership aeronautical & automotive engineering in the...
2
2

Re: Metric
Van Morrison, The Cult, David Gray are all coming through this fall, I'll be catching a couple of those...so I'll be in touch.

Re: Metric
I thought there were 613 commandments.
1
1

Re: Metric
DINGDINGDINGDING!!!! YOU are the 200 th caller. Free pints for you at the Duke of Richmond (The next to Old City hall...or..wait, the Duke Of Gloucester on Yonge might be closer.... but that is in an...
2
2

Re: Metric
The point is that a RCH is not convertible into other units. It's an RCH. Luigi
2
2

Re: Metric
Personally...I don't give a fig about Newtons.
4
4

Re: Metric
Weight the submarine before it leaves dry dock.

Re: Metric
Thank you Chris. For the first time in my life I have an intuitive feel for what a friggin Newton is: it's 100 grams or the amount of dry pasta needed for a regular plate or the amount of prosciutto I...
9
9

Re: Metric
Both are things I have to be concerned about every day. Luigi