Subject Author Posted Replies

Help: Craftsman 15 in. 1 hp drill press run-out
model: 137.229151 I've notice that the run-out has increased in my drill press to about 3/16, and I think I can detect a wobble in drill bit. What part do I need to replace? It is just the bearing?...
5
5

straighten picture frame
50 years ago my wife painted a picture on stretched canvas over a commercial art stretcher. The stretcher is 40X30". The stretcher is made of "thin" 1X2" The original frame did not add any structural...
18
18

New twist on old driver
On occasion I have wished I had a ratcheting screwdriver on hand. Here? ??s a new offering:
9
9

Ping Bill PM Model 60 Auctions?
So did you win one? As I suspected might be, Lot 6 went quite a lot cheaper @ $325; lot #5 was $525. Either of those is a good value even after throw in the price of a single-phase motor.
3
3

Bridge City Tool Works sold to Chinese manufacturer
1
1

New Yankee Workshop (2023 Update)
"This Old House is partnering with New Yankee Workshop to make all 21 seasons of Norm Abram's classic fine-woodworking program available again! Soon you'll be able to stream every episode of NYW, with...
47
47

You Can Never Have (Long) Enough Clamps
In keeping with the spirit of "you can never have enough clamps", I purchased two 50" Bessy Revo's when HD lowered the price a few weeks ago. Those 2 clamps became the longest clamps that I have....
27
27

Lumber auction
Poking around IRS site after looking at Bill's Model 60 and saw the following. If reasonably close to E TN and looking for slabs Kicker on these auctions for individuals is the insurance rider they...
4
4

Phase converter
I like your idea. Do you know if that transition require a new switch assembly, or are these designed to be reconfigurable? If I want to actually "touch and feel" the machine, I'm looking at an 80 or...
44
44

OT - An Observation
A month ago, I cut down most of a 25' tall yucca tree, behind the shop. U sed the saber saw to cut the 3-4 6"-8" diam trunks. Past 3 days, I've been digging the 3' diam. stump, about a foot deep, but...
1
1

now that these composite lumber materials are old
have never used any of the composite materials for anything i came across some discards and i noticed that they are flaking not sure how old they are but natural woods last a long time and i have a...
4
4

Kitchen Cabinet Conversion - Help
My sister wants to convert a lower kitchen cabinet (hinged door) space to a pull-out trash can unit/space, as this - She thought and asked if I could build a unit, using drawer slides. At the price a...
5
5

Just when I thought it was going so well
As I was getting ready to glue the cabinet sides up I remembered that I hadn't cut a dado for the back. Got that done without issues (I thought). As I was glueing the sides up I realized that I had...
4
4

If it slips, where's it gonna go?
I can't tell you how useful this little phrase has been. Any time I'm doing something that involves applying force, I take a second and ask myself this question. If my chisel slips, where's it going...
30
30

Slightly OT - This Building Offends My Senses
During my weekend travels, I was eating at a luxurious sidewalk cafe, also known as the Two Rivers Burrito Co., a taco joint in Westfield, MA. As I enjoyed my gourmet meal, I looked across the street...
15
15