Subject Author Posted Replies

Repairing a Flintlock Pistol Stock
I have a flintlock pistol with a 9" hexagonal barrel. The side of the barrel channel in the stock was cracked in shipment, probably because the barrel was not in the stock. The gun is from a CVA kit,...
3
3

Desk pedestal joinery choices...
I'm designing a new desk for myself, with modular units for the "pedestals". Each side of the desk will have one or more of these of various widths. Each is a separate box (sides, back, bottom) made...
16
16

Recommend Repair Please?
My sweetheart wife, who I am trying to teach respect for things like plumbing, most evidently allowed a pan to knock a crescent shaped hole about 1/6 as large as a dime in a dark side of our electric...
31
31

casters for a radial arm saw
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they make a caster wheel kit to go on them
9
9

Timber Frame Kit
Hi, A few weeks ago I found a timber frame kit for a structure about 14' x 16' for around $4700. ABAIR, I started with one of the links in the post "Timber Frame Building." Unfortunatley, I cannot...
3
3

when to use OSB
It's cheap, it's pretty tough, it's great for wall and roof sheathing. When do you use it around the shop? I'm thinking to use it to build a sheet storage cart -- basically a plaftorm on wheels with...
89
89

FS Chandler AZ
Downsizing my shop. Hegner Scroll Saw $350, Jorgensen 10" Vise $40.00, Delta 23-710 Sharpening System/Knife attachment $100, Campbell Hausfeld Portable Sand Blaster (New in Box) $30.00, Craftsman Shop...

Router Bits
I recently purchased these router bits: are maybe 300 to 500 of them. I haven't had a chance to count them or assort them, yet. There are many different kinds (profiles) and most of them with 1/2"...
1
1

Astraweb News
Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out. So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first...
10
10

Help building spice rack
New to the newsgroup, so hope I've done things, i.e. title/request/etc, correctly. Some groups get really cranky when you don't follow their formating. Anyway, I'm building a spice rack out of some...
29
29

Drilling holes for dowels?
The only _real_ answer is to quit using dowels... :) The "trick" is to use a doweling jig -- either make one or you can buy versions from inexpensive to ridiculously expensive. --
34
34

D4R vs Omnijig ?
Hello all, Well, it's time to finally buy a dovetail jig. I've narrowed it down to the Leigh D4R and the Porter Cable 24" Omnijig model 77240. I need the variable spacing and the 24" width. I've...
35
35

Calender.
- Your online source for FDNY t-shirts, sweatshirts, 9-11 memorials and more.

Re: 50" x 100" Jointer. ± 0.002"
had a similar but scary set up like that on my RAS. Photobucket http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view
1
1

Help Me Figure Out How to Do This
I've been tweaking up my new-to-me table saw (see recent gloat), going through all the adjustments and making sure everything in on spec, straight, square, parallel and all that. The cast iron top is...
34
34