Subject Author Posted Replies

Routing a groove length of a 2x4
Seems to me that this is job for a router table. Need to put a groove down the length of a small (less than 3 feet) 2x4. Was thinking I could do this by hand. It's a small groove. Not more than 3/8 of...
7
7

Pink Hammers
Tried almost freezing it, then drinking it from a frosty beer mug, but it didn't help.
85
85

Is there any value in an old 3 HP Rockwell planer?
I bought two chunks of metal from some small woodworking factory. I bought them for $20 because I liked the 3 HP 1725 RPM 1 phase motor. But then the guy told me that it is a Rockwell planer and that...
5
5

exotic hardwood floors
I've heard a rumor that if you install exotic hardwood floors, you need to keep the humidity higher in the house, or the wood might crack. (I live in Canada, where we have very dry winters). I've been...
4
4

DeWalt DW735 planer
I picked up one at a garage sale yesterday and checked it out online after the fact. It seems that they had some issues with a breaking sprocket, but there's little information if that's old news or...
2
2

Woodstock Wordworkers Show
Thank you for the pointer to the show, with no Show in Detroit this fall, My family and I took the trip yesterday. No hassle with customs coming or going. The show sprawled over 4 buildings, several...

design idea - wooden flashlight
While poking around looking for something completely unrelated, I found this: no harder than a salt/pepper grinder, but a lot cooler and more useful. You could play around with the idea and make all...
7
7

A Law Against Armoires
Today I had to help move an armoire from a friend's house to his daughter's new apartment. The thing must have weighed 400 pounds, stood 8 feet tall and could barely fit sideways through the totally...
19
19

Door Bolt
I'm the Junior Warden for St. Martha's Episcopal Church in Bethany Beach,DE. The Junior Warden suffers from being in charge of buildings and grounds, repairs, etc., etc. One of the recessed bolts in...
1
1

Is Autumm Here?
I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work...
16
16

Follow-on to sawblade sharpening earlier discussion...
Noticed last night new FWW has Forrest ad that for free return shipping on resharpening 5+ blades (any manufacturer). Could save a little if have a stash needing service... --

Beaded Face Frame - Kreg
Leon and I were just discussing this on the back channel. Any one here going to bite? http://vimeo.com/5577744
46
46

Festool prices
I just picked up a Festool TS 55 circular saw at a garage sale and I'd like to stock up on some blades. Does anyone know if there is an online distributor, or distributor on Long Island, NY, that has...
15
15

My Recent Project...
Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most recent woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be a woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh....
55
55

Building a Buck Saw - Prometheus???
Anybody have some rough sketches or measurements they could post? I found a thread from 2003 or 4 that discussed some pics of a drawing being posted to ABPW, but long gone of course. Prometheus, if...
7
7