Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about hand planes
I have to admit I'm one of those who has rarely used a hand plane. Every now and then I'd grab one to smooth a spot etc. Recently acquired a Stanley 7C jointer and after tuning and sharpening the iron...
45
45

OT/What Do You Believe In?
Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama go to heaven (Now that's funny).. God addresses Al first.. ''Al, what do you believe in?'' Al replies: "Well, I believe that I won that election, but that it...
1
1

Is There a Max Board Length for Jointer?
Is there a rule-of-thumb for the maximum length of a board to be run across a jointer? Is there a ratio of bed length to board length or something like hat? The manual for my 6" Delta has *minimum*...
36
36

What is it? Set 309
I need some help with the second item this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
22
22

I may be turning into a letterhead.
1/4" plexiglass One shot, one piece. (the Leah part is one piece.) 1/4" downspiral routerbit. What made it interesting, is the blind holes on the back of each letter (2,3 or 4) for studs to be glued...
14
14

I ordered mine!
More good news about the Kerfmaker from BridgeCity tools. Most new products prices include shipping, so if you buy one for $72 that is all you pay. I preordered, 1/2 down now and the rest when the...
58
58

Irwin Clamp Sale
I noticed that Menards has tye Irwin 10pc Clamp Set on sale for $14.99 this week. Here's the product: many sets of these do I need, Lew (please don't say ALL of them!)? Three should be enough to hold...
15
15

Amazon's deal of the day
Thought you might want to know if you missed it last time the Hitachi 10" miter is on sale again. I have the 12" and love it. Check the link below for more info http://alturl.com/y6px
4
4

Re: Bewildered
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:25:07 +0800, the infamous "diggerop" scrawled the following: I think that's the "It looks like I built it myself!" crew who likes those rrrrustic styles. -- "To compel a man to...

Re: Building a Media Cabinet
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:41:54 -0500, the infamous "SBH" scrawled the following: Yeah, those CDX blows just don't display well at all, do they? -- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the...
9
9

Re: Shop Guest
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:33:03 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following: Someone smarter might have shown up at the seller's door with rifle in hand to return the dogs for the $2,000 he...

Re: OT: Christmas party invite:
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:40:08 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following: I thought Nick asked for that and was given the key. (That one he didn't split with the sound effects man.) --...
1
1

Re: Newbe Question about Shop Heater
On 04 Nov 2009 07:43:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper scrawled the following: Not yours but can't dispose of it? What, are you renting? Throw the landlord out! Would some accidental sawdust in the...
3
3

Re: College Senior Needs Help With Spray Booth Best Practices
Hey, what's up with you guys? I told my son the wreck was the place to go for some solid info and you're all asleep... Let's help get this kid graduated so I don't have to feed him for the next 5...
8
8

Re: Stanley is buying Black and Decker for $4.5 billion in stock
"diggerop" wrote in news:b5udnXOgoLul023XnZ2dnUVZ I disagree that it is an accepted word, and so does Merriam Webster. It says: Use regardless instead
15
15