Subject Author Posted Replies

Picture clips for frames
This may do the job. Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
15
15

Re: What's the price of wood these days?
Yeah, I paid $2.00 near Pierce City Mo. He sells pallets of "cabinet oak" for $1.65/bf. These are clear, 6" wide or smaller, and 5-6' lengths. Intended primarily for facings.

Re: What's the price of wood these days?
Weird. That message sent itself in the middle of a keystroke. We have two local "cabinet shops" and both are very busy. One is a small family-run operation that has a good reputation across the four-...
1
1

What's the price of wood these days?
Do cabinet shops use wood? I thought they used man-made stuff. I'm sorry to hear about any of them going out of business... : (
5
5

O.T Ode to The Wreck.
That was pretty bad..I probably should have written instead: One doesn't design and build furniture to rest in a vacuum--one rests on the furniture and vacuums the rest... That makes a little more...
18
18

OT World War II in HD
There is 10 hours of it on the History Channel this week. I watched one episode so far and it was very good. If you are interested in the history of the war, don't miss it. It repeats at various...
2
2

garage sale; Maryland/Pennsylvania area, lots of woodworking tools
Hey All, I am holding a garage sale this Saturday to get rid of some of my redundant tools and items I've accumulated in the past few years. I am pasting the list below. These are not bottom feeder...
1
1

O/T: A Mechanic
A proctologist decided to change careers and become a bus mechanic. Part of his final exam was to do a valve-job on a bus. He got 110% on the test. Examiner said he did a perfect job, and he'd never...
3
3

For Sale: Reversible French Door & Window Sash Router Bit
Would anyone _in London Ontario_ be interested in buying mine for $50 Canadian? It is out of it's protective coating but has not seen a router let alone a piece of wood. instructions are there too. I...

A thank you about milk paint
A couple of weeks ago I posted about making a few bookcases for a school. One thing led to another and it was suggested that I use milk paint. Thanks to all who gave suggestions They came out...
1
1

A Final Question About Milk Paint
What are the lowest temps I can use milk paint? Since it's mostly water, I'm thinking 32F, but I don't know. Thanks, s
3
3

Looking for a Motor
I'd check the contactors and cap, if present, before condemning the motor as dysfunctional. Also wiring, power switch, etc. Never jump to conclusions that will needlessly cost you money. Motor...
26
26

tuesday
Hello U Me just cooking tea Have no Idea who was ringing me. Might possibly have been Su Betti, but couldn't get hold of her. (She was the who decided whether I needed those Aranesp injections or...
6
6

O/T: Ramblings of a Retired Mind
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:48:27 -0500, the infamous Greg G. scrawled the following: I bought the cheap phone and a single year's worth of airtime for $90 or so. It's worth that, when all the 30...
69
69

O.T. Humour
A young woman, down on her luck, decided to end it all one night by casting herself into the cold, dark waters of Sydney Harbour. As she stood on the edge of the dock, pondering her fate, a young...