Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: ethics
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:28:29 -0600, the infamous Larry Blanchard scrawled the following: Hey, if the company handed me a ticket, they'd have the miles. If they made me buy my own ticket on my own...
68
68

Any Woodworker II 48 tooth users?
I was wondering if there is anybody that has tried or has bought the new Woodworker II 48 tooth blade and what there impression is of it. Santa is willing to bring me a new saw blade for Christmas but...

Kobalt 10pc pliers and wrench set at Lowes, $39.99
For what all that information is worth, the set you have indicated is the same set I bought and it has the China stamp in the tools. >>>> Too good to be true? One concern could be that the "fancy...
15
15

Old circular saw blades
Didn't I see a discussion here some months ago about a recycling service for old circular saw blades? I'm looking for the best way to get rid of some of these old blades (and no, they're *not* worth...
13
13

Black Friday -- a different take
If you just bought a Makita impact driver, you will find in short order that it is the handiest tool in your box. Now you need to stock up on Torx (star drive) bits and screws and you will have both...
8
8

Project Management Visual Aids
Watson
1
1

PW 701 at Woodcraft
Powermatic 701 mortiser is on sale at WC, $437 to my door, if I buy, and I think I will. My question is about chisels, Delta is what Woodcraft has, not Powermatic. Anyone out there that can tell me...
2
2

Can you tell me what size board I would need for this.
Forty-two is the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything. This is a fact. Your calculations are either flawed or irrelevant. Or both. Suck it up, princess.
10
10

OT: IF you'rew on .....
You need to run some diagnostics on your spellchecker. R
1
1

OT: I'm sorry guys, this is just TOO rich to pass on.. (private)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091029161528.htm-Zz
6
6

OT: Metal countertops - edge profiling?
I would hazard to guess that they use a press with minimal hydraulics. An even more hazardous guess is that they use a pair of matched rollers that the sheet moves through. Kerry
6
6

Picassa Link Test (same photos as other post)
want to see how this works. Regards, Tom Watson http://picasaweb.google.com/tjwatson11/Desktop#Just
7
7

Hutch ... on Picasa?
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:008d43b1$0$23796 $ Yes indeed. I use Astraweb now (since the death of Verizon) exclusively. Paid $10 in June of 2007 for 25 GB, and today's statement is: Your Account:...
10
10

Anti CNC (brute force and sharp steel) Scout Statue Base
Cell phone photos, again. Sorry. Just finished this. Statue is solid bronze, 16" tall. Base is a chunk of walnut (firewood) that maxed out the moisture meter at more than 22%, so its future should be...
5
5

Hearing Protection
Thank you for the heads-up. I wear glasses, and I should be wearing safety goggles too. I'm intend to try the pair from Rockler's. I am actually surprised Rochler and Woodcraft do not offer more...
11
11