Subject Author Posted Replies

JawHorse reply
Saw about this on this site on 11 23 09. Looked like what I needed to gain shop room. Get rid of a large work table. Received it a few days ago. Very impressed. Ordered 2 more for gifts to our sons....

Roto zip -- circles ?
I've never used one before but what's the word on the rotozip tool? I can see how it would be nice for drywall etc but I'm looking for a better way to cut circles in 1/2" or 3/4" plywood or mdf board....
12
12

Shop Solution For Home Gyms
I used to build gym equipment and still do a little consulting, etc. I have been working with a couple people trying to install too much equipment into too small of a space. Sound familiar? So I went...
4
4

Quick test to verify I can still post to rec.ww
Been dealing with a computer crash and had to rebuild system.
19
19

Cutting a big curve on my bandsaw
I have recently done some posting about the Grizzly G0555 bandsaw I have recently purchased. I am nearly finished setting up my bandsaw. My first project will be to cut a curved headboard. I will glue...
17
17

Radial arm saw versus 12" compund sliding miter saw question.
I am trying to decide which one to buy. If I get a RAS I will not be doing any ripping with it. If I get a scms would I not have the best of both worlds and would it be safer to use and require less...
107
107

glue
Sorry to bring up and old, old subject, but what do most of you use to glue up case goods or furniture? My personal favorite was Elmer's yellow carpenter glue and I keep a bottle of it in my present,...
35
35

O/T: Instructions more difficult to follow as we age
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------------- I got this new deodorant today. The instructions said remove cap and push up bottom. I can barely walk, but whenever I fart the room smells...
3
3

What is it? Set 313
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

Moisture meter
I'm sure this has probably been brought up not that long ago (and I might have been the one to ask the question!), but the answers might be different this time, so what the hell. If you were going to...
5
5

AngleCube Digital Bevel Gage $20/shipped at Rockler
Your best source for high quality & innovative woodworking tools, finishing supplies, hardware, lumber & know-how. Find everything you need to make your next project a success. Family-owned since...
4
4

RE NYW Kitchen Project
Been watching this mini series the last few weeks. Couple of interesting tricks. The use of a continuous groove in the cabinet wall for the biscuits used to locate face frames thus eliminating nails,...
68
68

Burnishers
Not crazy about shelling out 30 bucks for a burnisher, but I'm wondering if a burnisher does a much better job getting the hook on a card scraper than the round end of a file. Thanks, s
38
38

OT - We are inviting them!
Not trying to be bitchy, but the group has done a good job of stiff- arming trolls. Until the past few days. If we keep feeding them, they will be all over us like they were a couple of years ago.

Any reason to save logs of Calif. bay laurel?
Neighbor cut down a small bay laurel. There's a couple of small logs (largest about 40 - 48", about 2 or more inches diameter). Worth saving for anything woodworking wise? Turnings? Knobs? Anybody...
6
6