Subject Author Posted Replies

sagulator for glass?
Ok, I know that glass doesn't sag (perceptibly), but does anyone have a source for a load/span calculator for glass? tia, jc
19
19

Antique Hardware
I am refinishing an old tool chest that had a brass latch and key. Any ideas on where I can look for a replacement? Failing that, any suggestions for cleaning up the old one? Thanks
4
4

oak veneered ply or solid oak
I'm planning to make a small bookcase in oak to match our existing Scandinavian style dining room furniture. Approx 800 long x 800 high x 235 deep (front to back) - all mm obviously! As I see it I...
22
22

Top 44 Free Plans from 2009 (ToolCrib0
ToolCrib.com's Top 44 Free Plans of 2009 | The Tool Crib

Trying to find an email address for John White who writes for FWW
Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He lives in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to bother him. He wrote an article in the most recent FWW...
5
5

O/T: Women & Bad Weather
Q: What do women, tornadoes and hurricanes have in common? A: They all get the house.

Large wall of drawers: How to build frame/carcass?
Hi all, I have a finished attic and I am looking to make it more useful by building a storage unit that is made up of large drawers. The space I want to fill is about 9' wide x 5' tall x 2' deep and I...
31
31

OT: Winter's coming to Iowa
We have snow. Photo of (3rd floor) window. Guard is out rescuing folks caught on I-80 and I-35. http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Tree640.jpgNational
9
9

OT Mean while...
While forrests are being protected from being harvested and being bought up. Al Gore is making a fortune on "cool the earth" priojects. Once the global warming fad has cooled ;~) no pun intended, we...
96
96

OT: Simple, really...
When thinking about the mass extermination camps of a holocaust think.. The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself &, if you dont have the tools to do that, then youre...
7
7

O/T: Money
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------- A thief stuck a pistol in a man's ribs and said, "Give me your money." The gentleman, shocked by the sudden attack, said "You cannot do...
7
7

Gasoline as finish?
I was cleaning the gas out of the snow blower (I know... should have done it 8 months ago) and couldn't help but wonder if gasoline could be used to finish wood. If it evaporates in a carborator, it...
38
38

220 V table saws and ground
I realize this isn't exactly a woodworking question, but when I asked about 220 V wiring for my shed in an earlier thread a lot of electricians came out of the 'woodwork'. So. I now have 220 V in my...
166
166

Woodworking PodCast
Hey gang, I started a woodworking PodCast. For those that are interested (the old woodworking veterans probably not so much) can check it out here: (also on iTunes). plan on keeping it fresh with new...

How often do you check the setup of your TS?
Motivated by reading another thread (s), I have been reading about "TS setup": Checking that the fence and blade are perp to the top, and that the mitre track is parallel to the blade and the fence....
11
11