Subject Author Posted Replies

Shelf units and stools photos posted
I just posted more photos of the kitchen furniture I built. This time it's the matching shelf units behind a sectional couch and two light weight stools beside them. There's also a photo of some scrap...

alllllllright, wait a dang sec. Using oil with a hacksaw?
A friend of mine insists that you should use [any] oil (he uses olive oil) when using a hacksaw. He says that it keeps the blade from wearing out but does not impede the cutting. I just can't quite...
36
36

Cutting melamine
I need to cut a piece of melamine the same size (5x4) as my assembly table (which has a small sag in the middle). I need a very flat surface for a pretty long (64") glue up. I am going to have to cut...
7
7

kitchen table and chairs
I just posted photos to the binaries group of the kitchen table and chairs I built.
1
1

Dining room table & chairs
Just finished my last project. Dining room table and chairs. Posted on abpw. Have never built a chair before. What an interesting challenge. Used loose tenon construction and had every individual...
31
31

OT: We should be thankful................
.............For the attorneys that protect us from dangers of life. I just installed a couple of little hanging hoops on the back of a Christmas gift I am finishing. They are the little stamped brass...
14
14

Practical carpentry, joinery, and cabinet-making [by P. Nicholson
Available in its entirety on Google books: w Practical carpentry, joinery, and cabinet-making [by P. Nicholson - Peter Nicholson - Google Books

F/S WW equipment Arizona
I'm having a garage sale today including lots of tools. I am located in south Chandler, Arizona. 21640 S. 140th ST. Chandler, AZ 85286 Ph. 480-577-8260 The sale starts at 8:30 am on December 19th and...
2
2

Unisaw styled router table?
Some time ago I came across pictures of a router table (I think) made of MDF and styled to match a '40s Unisaw. I remember corners built up with multiple layers with large roundovers. Sanded smooth...
8
8

OT: And the Governments Wants to Run Our Health Care!
The Larned, Kansas National Guard Armory was among those announced for closure this week. A few months ago they completed a thorough renovation. The half-million dollar project included plumbing,...
31
31

Tested On Our Special Machines
Have you ever wondered what they must be like? Regards, Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
1
1

Please drink responsibly.
'Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams .. If I didn't drink this...
10
10

Review - Snap-On Tools Full Round Head Framing Nailer
Hi all, I have just finished a review of the new Snap-On 21-Degree Full Round Head Framing Nailer. Review online now at Hope it helps! Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think...
1
1

REVIEW - Snap-On Full Round Head Framing Nailer
Hey folks, I have just completed a review of the new Snap-On 21-Degree Full Round Head Framing Nailer. Interestingly, it is on par, and in some cases better than the Porter Cable FR350A which was...

O/T: Protection
SFWIW, passing along as requested Lew ----------------------------------------------- Wasp Spray A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into...
137
137