Subject Author Posted Replies

PC 690 Router History
Keith Bohn over at will have a good bit of info on older PC routers. Of course Porter Cable would be a source of info also. Old Woodworking Machines - Index page
6
6

Plywood edging -- iron on or?
I just had a post on finishing edges but I forgot to ask -- Do they make the plywood edging that is NOT the iron on type? I've had good luck in the past working with formica edges using contact cement...
8
8

Off Topic: It Is Raining Iguanas!
It is so cold in Florida that iguanas, a non native species, are dropping from the trees. They get cold and go into some kind of reptile hibernation mode. Then they fall over. It must be that Global...
4
4

O/T -- cutting glass block
Number One son has drafted me for a bathroom renovation, which may involve installing a glass block partial wall. The rub is that he wants it flush against his sloped ceiling. Is it possible to cut...
7
7

O/T: Winter Blows
Sent to me by my son. Lew ---------------------------------------------- I found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you. It was sent to me and it's very well written and I...
2
2

More Sketchup questions
Ok, so I found some time to try to get over the hump with Sketchup, and I brought up the video that Karl posted a few weeks back: tried my best to follow along (with lots of pauses and rewinds along...
13
13

Bandsawr recommendation
And by "as good as", I mean - will it not require constant tweaking and adjusting like Leon's? Hummmm you now have the bug.... I though that I was possibly paying too much also until I got the saw.......
37
37

old craftsman late chuck adaptor
ok, so the identity of the lathe i inherited is now established. unfortunately, most all the parts are no longer available, specifically the bearings that seem to be the most likely to be needing...
3
3

Another Shop Hazard
Saw this in the news this morning. OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Court papers allege that an Olympia woman, angry that her husband left her, tampered with his power tools so that he received a powerful...
8
8

site
> > You gotta love it. Click above to watch the video after the jump

O/T: Dump Truck
gotta love it. Lew http://tinyurl.com/ybf8c38You
4
4

My Resawing Needs Work!!!
Making the panels for my bookcase. Resawing 6.5" wide 4/4 cherry. Ended up with 0.35" thick panels. I ended up having to free-hand track (no fence) the board through the blade because my fence is...
26
26

ON topic: Verrreeeeee eeeenterestingggg
That's cool. . . . Anybody try this yet?
29
29

Levels Do Die
I know that many tools do die. Or get stolen, misplaced, damaged, etc. I have three levels I bought at least thirty years ago. I haven't had to use them much for a few years. I bought a small torpedo...
16
16

Band Saw Gloat
Setup with a router is quick, but I don't like the mortises I get - they're shallow and rounded at the ends. Yes, I know I can rasp or chisel rounds on the tenons. But I still don't want to cut a 3/8"...
39
39