Subject Author Posted Replies

Blanket Chest Hinge
If so, any recommendations for a hinge that would let the top open to about 100 degrees. Thanks. Vic.H Just use the best grade of "piano hinge" you can find. There certainly is a generous selection...
15
15

Kerfmaker
Unfortunately the Kerf Maker is only designed however to work with "up to" a 1/2" kerf. But that should basically get up up to ~1" with only 2 passes. Oh, you are talking about the short step that has...
9
9

I want. (Wondering how splinter free it would cut wood)
Pumping water at 40,000 psig with abrasives added into the mix can't possibly be a low maintenance proposition. Some of those pump are 150 HP. Also, the wood would get wet, as opposed to burn and...
8
8

Larger corner chisel?
Ever see any tips n tricks on sharpening those things? I have one and I use the side of my shapton for it and it works pretty good, but I worry I'll alter the 90 degree angle sooner or later.
6
6

RE: Norm - The Early Years
Just finished watching "Blanket Chest" #104. Boy, that was strange seeing him use that old TS and router table.
3
3

Workbench Project
Since you have a planer you can run your boards on edge after you re-saw. Breadboard ends are common on benches. Use your router to make a tenon on the ends and attach breadboard with 1 fastener...
5
5

Annoying glue and finishing.
This is not exactly what you posted but seems worth mentioning here. In case anyone missed it, on a recent episode of "Ask This Old House" they showed a neat trick. They used a plastic soda straw to...
25
25

Video of My Cross Cut Sled
Quick-n-dirty cross cut sled. I still have some things to ad, like a blade guard and miter gauge. ?? Table saw cross cut sled. I'm going to add a blade guard and a miter gauge.
1
1

OT: Passwords
How many 'sites' (or whatever) are so critical that you need an NSA-style password? The dozen or so that _are_ critical can be remembered, yes? I back 'em up on a text file in the thumb drive in my...
25
25

Suggestion for Joiner?
Funny, I have a DeWalt too but never use it. I also feel like selling it all the time but never do. It sounds much better if you hook it up to a shop vac. All plate joiners I've tried have the same...
14
14

What is it? Set 320
Just posted a new set of items: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
19
19

Router bits revisited
Whiteside - I'll second that! If it's a bit you'll use for one project - then pick most any of them. If you're going to use it for a lot of projects - roundovers, chamfers, slots, dados, rabbets -...
10
10

OT: Mixed Emotions
A husband and wife were sitting watching a TV program about psychology and explaining the phenomenon of "mixed emotions." The husband turned to his wife and said, "Honey, that's a bunch of crap. I bet...
1
1

Desert Ash qualities.
I have the opportunity to get some freshly cutdown Desert Ash (Melbourne, Australia). Can't find a site re its qualities for woodworking. I make kids toys normally so it has to be robust and safe to...
1
1

Handy Man Club TAOLG
Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets...
12
12