Subject Author Posted Replies

Rusting bar clamps
I have many "bar" clamps of the "Quick-Grip" variety. They have served me well for many years but have a tendency to rust. Since I live in Florida and have a shop in my garage I am exposed to a...
9
9

Can you identify type of wood from late 1700's and mid 1800's??
Please help me identify the types of wood flooring in my house. The main part of the house was built in about the 1860's in Massachusetts while the guest room and kitchen areas were built in the late...
38
38

O/T: IPCC goes to the dentist ...
and finds new reports in last years magazines. [UN climate panel based claims on student essay: report 2 hrs 38 mins ago LONDON (AFP) - The UN climate change panel based claims about ice disappearing...

OT: *I* think this is funny...
8
8

Sketchup plans
For those of you who don't subscribe to the Google SketchUp newsletter, included this month is a link to 150+ Popular Woodworking plans. You can find them here if you're interested. Watch the link for...

Rethinking my mobile bases
I've got a few tools on mobile bases (some aren't anything more than casters that bolt to tool stands) and this morning added up what this mobility has cost me (too much for). I just returned from...
10
10

Multi-tool Mk. I
Check out the photos at the link. Roman Army Knife: Or how the ingenuity of the Swiss was beaten by 1,800 years By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 9:07 AM on 30th January 2010 The world's first...
3
3

OT - How Unique!
CNN: "Toyota's president Akio Toyoda apologized for the gas pedal problems that have forced the recall of millions of vehicles, Japanese media reported." What a difference from the approach other auto...
50
50

More noise about climate
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 22:35:04 -0700, the infamous Mark Hansen scrawled the following: Jesus Saves, Moses Invests! -- We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no...
140
140

Thanks, Dad pt.2
I first off want to say a big "Thank You" to everyone that has responded. I personally would like to extend my condolences to Leon as well. There was no hijacking and to which I will end there. The...
3
3

Re: OT/Police really do Care
Reminds me of a tale a friend of mine, Steve, who is IT support in a large hospital near here, once told me. He was down in casulty doing some work when one of the doctors indicatated him to come...
2
2

Re: What do you make and where do you put it?
I make firnaces andput 'em in /other/ /peoples'/ houses. :)
24
24

OT: Pretty cool, well-done car commercial.
I know there are some wRECkers here who will like this as much as I do..
4
4

OT:humor
BREAKING NEWS: ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has officially retired and will settle in the Minneapolis area! He plans on opening a bakery with teammate Adrian Peterson. Scroll on down past the...

FS (Not by me) Woodworking tools auction
Cool woodworking tools auction (not mine). I found this advertised on craig's list I do not have any idea if this is legite, I don't know the company but seems OK. 2. They do charge a buck to allow...
5
5