Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 322
Today's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
23

Watco Teak Oil
As the hobbiest woodworker, I had a friend call me last night about finishing a table top for his Super Bowl party on Sunday. Not the handiest guy, he apparently stripped off the finish and restained...
30
30

Nashville woodworking stores?
Are there any besides Woodcraft that carry power tools (tablesaws, bandaws etc.)? Cheers
1
1

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Motor Removal
Mike, worked great! motor is ready to go to the shop - hopefully this won't cost too much :)
29
29

Any good web sources for antique furniture repair materials?
Looking for things like springs, clips, etc.
1
1

Riser blocks or not?
I am in the market for a bandsaw. I am looking at the 14=94 models like the Grizzly=92s, Jet=92s & Deltas with riser blocks mainly because I need to cut some back splats for dining chairs that are...
17
17

Recommended wood choices for bathroom cabinet
I am looking to build a corner cabinet (~ 20" x 9" x 70") for our bathroom to store toiletries and all the other things that my SWMBO deems necessary for storing in a bathroom (as a guy I just need a...
3
3

Staining Question
I have a pre built Oak Mantel to stain and install today. It has been sanded by the builder. It has also been handled a few times to position it and mark nailing supports. My big worry is oil from my...
21
21

OT: Then and now
The new fed budget is 3.8 trillon The fed budget 60 years ago - 1950 - was a bit less than 45 billion. Adjust that for government caused inflation and it would be about 360 billion. That means the...
52
52

Help: gluing up an old chair
I'm using a very standard old wooden chair for my desk (it feels good, for some reason), but the dowels that hold it together have come loose. I've been gluing wood in various ways and for various...
14
14

Book and/or video suggestions for intro cabinet making?
I want to learn how to make basic cabinet frames -- I will probably start by buying the doors but would love to get a good intro on how to design and build cabinets. I could make it up myself by...
15
15

collar bone
Man, my gut twisted when I read about the accident. Three and a half years ago I slipped on the wet deck steps, cleared three of them and clipped the bottom one and the concrete. I crushed T8...
8
8

Handy Calcualtor Links?
Could be a handy resource: want to append some of your "real world" experience to see how close they are, fire away. On that note, and since I build houses and the kitchens that go into them: $1200 to...

A small vent: A problem with LumberJocks.com is..
A problem with is there is so darn much content is seems very difficult to extend any criticism without worrying about hurting someone's feelings. I've spent good time wring several thoughtful...
13
13

DJ-20 blade placement
I'm reading the owner's manual to set the blades and wondering if anyone has any tips to make this task easier. The Magna-set looks like a nice tool, but trying to spend less money if possible.
3
3